The event welcomed Martin’s parents, Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton, and Trayvon’s brother, Jahvaris.
Extra reports that Tyrese, Larenz Tate, Harry Belafonte, Tank, Tim Robbins, Russell Simmons and more were in attendance. We’re told Simmons presented Trayvon’s parents with a six-figure check.
“A powerful gathering of ‘influence’ organized by @iamjamiefoxx this brother and friend raised a lot of money on behalf of the Trayvon Martin Foundation,” Tyrese wrote in a note that accompanied the Instagram pics above and below. “I showed up cause I’m uncomfortable with injustice. Jamie Foxx I’m very proud of you and HOW you’re using your influence.”
Click here for more information about the Trayvon Martin Foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here