The event welcomed Martin’s parents, Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton, and Trayvon’s brother, Jahvaris.
Extra reports that Tyrese, Larenz Tate, Harry Belafonte, Tank, Tim Robbins, Russell Simmons and more were in attendance. We’re told Simmons presented Trayvon’s parents with a six-figure check.
“A powerful gathering of ‘influence’ organized by @iamjamiefoxx this brother and friend raised a lot of money on behalf of the Trayvon Martin Foundation,” Tyrese wrote in a note that accompanied the Instagram pics above and below. “I showed up cause I’m uncomfortable with injustice. Jamie Foxx I’m very proud of you and HOW you’re using your influence.”
Click here for more information about the Trayvon Martin Foundation.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here