The event welcomed Martin’s parents, Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton, and Trayvon’s brother, Jahvaris.
Extra reports that Tyrese, Larenz Tate, Harry Belafonte, Tank, Tim Robbins, Russell Simmons and more were in attendance. We’re told Simmons presented Trayvon’s parents with a six-figure check.
“A powerful gathering of ‘influence’ organized by @iamjamiefoxx this brother and friend raised a lot of money on behalf of the Trayvon Martin Foundation,” Tyrese wrote in a note that accompanied the Instagram pics above and below. “I showed up cause I’m uncomfortable with injustice. Jamie Foxx I’m very proud of you and HOW you’re using your influence.”
Click here for more information about the Trayvon Martin Foundation.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here