The event welcomed Martin’s parents, Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton, and Trayvon’s brother, Jahvaris.
Extra reports that Tyrese, Larenz Tate, Harry Belafonte, Tank, Tim Robbins, Russell Simmons and more were in attendance. We’re told Simmons presented Trayvon’s parents with a six-figure check.
“A powerful gathering of ‘influence’ organized by @iamjamiefoxx this brother and friend raised a lot of money on behalf of the Trayvon Martin Foundation,” Tyrese wrote in a note that accompanied the Instagram pics above and below. “I showed up cause I’m uncomfortable with injustice. Jamie Foxx I’m very proud of you and HOW you’re using your influence.”
Click here for more information about the Trayvon Martin Foundation.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here