*USA Today is under fire for a headline that accompanied its story about the box office numbers for “The Best Man Holiday” in comparison to Disney’s “Thor: The Dark World.”
“Holiday Nearly Beat Thor as Race-Themed Films Soar,” the paper wrote in its box office report, prompting many to voice their objections across social media.
Many felt that while the cast is predominantly African American, Universal‘s sequel centers on relationships, not race. The uproar led USA Today to twice modify its headline.
It currently reads: “’Best Man Holiday’ nearly beats mighty ‘Thor’.”
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here