*George Zimmerman’s estranged wife says the infamous neighborhood watch guard is now acting “like a monster.”
In an interview with Katie Couric, Shellie Zimmerman described how she hopes there are “no more casualties” caused by her husband’s erratic behavior. She also remembers how the couple was very much in love when they first married.
“We were great friends and I thought he was a wonderful person — that’s why I married him,” she said Thursday on “Katie.”
But Shellie, who filed for divorce on Tuesday says she hasn’t seen her husband in a few months, and it now seems like something has “snapped in his spirit.”
“I hope that there’s no violence, but he does seem like a ticking time bomb,” said of her husband, who was acquitted in the 2012 shooting of Travon Martin. “I know I’m certainly afraid. I just hope that he can get, maybe, the help that he needs to deal with his situation, and the no one else will be hurt.”
Shellie’s TV appearance comes just three days after authorities arrested her husband for allegedly threatening his girlfriend with a shotgun and smashing a glass table during a domestic dispute.
The incident prompted police in Florida to arrest George Zimmerman and charge him with aggravated assault, battery, and criminal mischief. He has since been released.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here