*The skin color of a popular comic book character may change in 2015. According to TheWrap, Michael B. Jordan (“Chronicle”) is currently contending to play the role of the Human Torch in the upcoming film “Fantastic Four.”
If he does score it, it’ll be a rare role for an African American actor in a major franchise.
The Human Torch, also known as Johnny Storm, was white in the Marvel comic, and the wise-cracking character was previously played by Chris Evans in the original 2005 version and its 2007 sequel.
So is Hollywood ready for a Black superhero? Why not?
When Samuel L. Jackson starred as Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” perhaps it was more digestible because he was but a co-star and acted as the team leader without superpowers.
There have been a few ‘superheroes’ out there, but no one out of Marvel made the cut to the big screen as of yet.
“Fantastic Four” has a preliminary release date of March 6, 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here