*The skin color of a popular comic book character may change in 2015. According to TheWrap, Michael B. Jordan (“Chronicle”) is currently contending to play the role of the Human Torch in the upcoming film “Fantastic Four.”
If he does score it, it’ll be a rare role for an African American actor in a major franchise.
The Human Torch, also known as Johnny Storm, was white in the Marvel comic, and the wise-cracking character was previously played by Chris Evans in the original 2005 version and its 2007 sequel.
So is Hollywood ready for a Black superhero? Why not?
When Samuel L. Jackson starred as Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” perhaps it was more digestible because he was but a co-star and acted as the team leader without superpowers.
There have been a few ‘superheroes’ out there, but no one out of Marvel made the cut to the big screen as of yet.
“Fantastic Four” has a preliminary release date of March 6, 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here