*The African American Film Critics Assn. on Monday announced the winners of its 2014 Special Achievement Awards, reports The Los Angeles Times.
The Weinstein Co.’s Bob and Harvey Weinstein (distributors of “Lee Daniels‘ The Butler” and “Fruitvale Station”) are the recipients of the Cinema Vanguard Award, while Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs is receiving the Horizon Award.
Directors Guild of America President Paris Barclay is the winner of the Legacy Award, and Fox Searchlight senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki is the recipient of the Ashley Boone Award.
Variety film critic Justin Chang is the winner of the inaugural Roger Ebert Award.
The African American Film Critics Assn. is scheduled to present the awards at a ceremony on Jan. 31 at the Taglyn Complex in Hollywood.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here