*The African American Film Critics Assn. on Monday announced the winners of its 2014 Special Achievement Awards, reports The Los Angeles Times.
The Weinstein Co.’s Bob and Harvey Weinstein (distributors of “Lee Daniels‘ The Butler” and “Fruitvale Station”) are the recipients of the Cinema Vanguard Award, while Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs is receiving the Horizon Award.
Directors Guild of America President Paris Barclay is the winner of the Legacy Award, and Fox Searchlight senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki is the recipient of the Ashley Boone Award.
Variety film critic Justin Chang is the winner of the inaugural Roger Ebert Award.
The African American Film Critics Assn. is scheduled to present the awards at a ceremony on Jan. 31 at the Taglyn Complex in Hollywood.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here