*The African American Film Critics Assn. on Monday announced the winners of its 2014 Special Achievement Awards, reports The Los Angeles Times.
The Weinstein Co.’s Bob and Harvey Weinstein (distributors of “Lee Daniels‘ The Butler” and “Fruitvale Station”) are the recipients of the Cinema Vanguard Award, while Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs is receiving the Horizon Award.
Directors Guild of America President Paris Barclay is the winner of the Legacy Award, and Fox Searchlight senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki is the recipient of the Ashley Boone Award.
Variety film critic Justin Chang is the winner of the inaugural Roger Ebert Award.
The African American Film Critics Assn. is scheduled to present the awards at a ceremony on Jan. 31 at the Taglyn Complex in Hollywood.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here