*The African American Film Critics Assn. on Monday announced the winners of its 2014 Special Achievement Awards, reports The Los Angeles Times.
The Weinstein Co.’s Bob and Harvey Weinstein (distributors of “Lee Daniels‘ The Butler” and “Fruitvale Station”) are the recipients of the Cinema Vanguard Award, while Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs is receiving the Horizon Award.
Directors Guild of America President Paris Barclay is the winner of the Legacy Award, and Fox Searchlight senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki is the recipient of the Ashley Boone Award.
Variety film critic Justin Chang is the winner of the inaugural Roger Ebert Award.
The African American Film Critics Assn. is scheduled to present the awards at a ceremony on Jan. 31 at the Taglyn Complex in Hollywood.
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here