*The African American Film Critics Assn. on Monday announced the winners of its 2014 Special Achievement Awards, reports The Los Angeles Times.
The Weinstein Co.’s Bob and Harvey Weinstein (distributors of “Lee Daniels‘ The Butler” and “Fruitvale Station”) are the recipients of the Cinema Vanguard Award, while Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs is receiving the Horizon Award.
Directors Guild of America President Paris Barclay is the winner of the Legacy Award, and Fox Searchlight senior vice president of production Zola Mashariki is the recipient of the Ashley Boone Award.
Variety film critic Justin Chang is the winner of the inaugural Roger Ebert Award.
The African American Film Critics Assn. is scheduled to present the awards at a ceremony on Jan. 31 at the Taglyn Complex in Hollywood.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here