*Amazon has become the latest retailer to shun physical copies of Beyoncé’s new album because of its exclusive initial release on iTunes.
According to Billboard, although the online giant is selling the mp3 version, the actual CD will not be available through its site. Fans will only be able to get the CD on Amazon by way of third-party sellers .
Meanwhile, the UK arm of the site makes no mention of the album – physical or digital.
Beyoncé dropped the self-titled album without any warning or promotion in a game-changing move on December 13. iTunes had exclusive access to the album until it went on general release on December 21.
Her deal with Apple meant that pre-order sales of the album could not be made by other retailers.
According to reports, Amazon is fuming over Beyonce’s Apple deal and was said to be planning further reprisals against her label Sony Music Entertainment and Colombia for giving preferential treatment to Apple for the week-long exclusive.
The Amazon move came days after Target announced that it would not stock Queen B’s album in its stores.
“At Target we focus on offering a wide assortment of physical CDs and when a new album is available digitally before it is available physically it impacts demand and sales projections,” Target spokesperson Erica Julkowski told Billboard.
Bey’s album consists of 14 new songs and 17 new music videos and features guest appearances from Drake, Frank Ocean, and Jay Z and Beyonce’s daughter Blue Ivy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here