*Dang, just like that Kobe Bryant is out again.
He had just gotten back to the LA Lakers lineup after dealing with the effect of a ruptured Achilles tendon. He was only 6 games in now he’s out.
Via Twitter the Lakers announced that Bryant will miss six weeks with a knee injury.
It happened Tuesday night (Dec. 17) in a game in which they defeated the Memphis Grizzlies. Initially it was thought that it was a minor tweak or something. He left the court in obvious discomfort late in the third quarter but he came back to finish the game in the fourth quarter.
Heres how it happened:
Mike Trudell of Lakers.com has more on the play in question:
Obviously we know now that the injury was far more serious than initially suspected.
“Kobe hyperextended the knee in third quarter, meaning he played 4th quarter with fracture in knee,” according to ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne
Injured, Bryant finished the game with 21 points, five rebounds and four assists.
There is some good news in all of this, however, as Ken Berger of CBS Sports passes along:
“Kobe Bryant will not need surgery on his leg fracture, league source tells @CBSSports: ‘The bone will heal.'”
Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni laments how bad he feels for Kobe (and the team’s chances without their star).
“You hate it for Kobe. He’s worked so hard to get back.” In the meantime, Xavier Henry will take over PG duties for the short-handed Lakers.
Since returning to the Lakers, Bryant has averaged 13.8 points, 6.3 assists and 4.3 rebounds. The team is currently 12-13 on the season, fourth in the Pacific Division.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here