This morning during a post-Grammy nominations press conference, attended by Arsenio Hall, who presented the Best New Artist nominees, the late night TV talk show host directed his attention to comments made by Kanye West during an interview on Hot 97′s “The Breakfast Club.” In that interview, West basically implied that Hall was forced off the air by white corporate bosses.
“I could use my voice but what’d happen if y’all don’t by no other albums? … People gonna say ‘Oh he like Arsenio Hall and he was turning up to much and now you fired.’ But when you got money can’t nobody fire you,” Kanye said.
Well Mr. Hall has a huge problem with Kanye’s comments. Hall says the fact is that he left his show voluntarily. Then the comedian/talkshow host went in on Yeezus for not knowing the facts and alluded to the rapper and fashion designer wannabe’s reference to slaves in a pop song.
“I hate the word slave used in songs. Get the f**k out of here. Do you know what that word is? Do you know what that word is all about? Nobody can use slave in pop culture. If you in the music business you should not f**k with that word. Too serious an error, too serious a problem in america,”Arsenio said. “There is no one that is free to move around this country that should use the word slave. Do you know what it meant to slaves?”
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here