*Beyonce may have orchestrated another first – this time for hosting an album “launch” party after the album has been launched.
The singer, whose new self-titled effort hit iTunes with zero warning, held an album release party at the arcade chain Dave & Buster’s in New York, following her concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn earlier in the night.
Guests played arcade games, enjoyed drinks from Beyonce cups, and were also able to snack on Beyonce themed cupcakes.
Among those at the event were stylist Ty Hunter, designer Alexander Wang songwriter J. Cole and rapper Drake, who appears on the track “Mine” from the new album.
Drake addressed the crowd during the celebration, saying: ”I just came out tonight to let you know congratulations to each and every one of you that worked on this s**t, for real. And of course to the queen, the utmost congratulations.”
Explaining why she chose to release her record – which comes with accompanying videos for all of its tracks – as a surprise, Beyonce said she was ”bored” with the traditional way people put out their music.
She said: ”I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I’m able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give that message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready from me to my fans.”
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here