*Beyonce may have orchestrated another first – this time for hosting an album “launch” party after the album has been launched.
The singer, whose new self-titled effort hit iTunes with zero warning, held an album release party at the arcade chain Dave & Buster’s in New York, following her concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn earlier in the night.
Guests played arcade games, enjoyed drinks from Beyonce cups, and were also able to snack on Beyonce themed cupcakes.
Among those at the event were stylist Ty Hunter, designer Alexander Wang songwriter J. Cole and rapper Drake, who appears on the track “Mine” from the new album.
Drake addressed the crowd during the celebration, saying: ”I just came out tonight to let you know congratulations to each and every one of you that worked on this s**t, for real. And of course to the queen, the utmost congratulations.”
Explaining why she chose to release her record – which comes with accompanying videos for all of its tracks – as a surprise, Beyonce said she was ”bored” with the traditional way people put out their music.
She said: ”I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I’m able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give that message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready from me to my fans.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here