*Beyonce may have orchestrated another first – this time for hosting an album “launch” party after the album has been launched.
The singer, whose new self-titled effort hit iTunes with zero warning, held an album release party at the arcade chain Dave & Buster’s in New York, following her concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn earlier in the night.
Guests played arcade games, enjoyed drinks from Beyonce cups, and were also able to snack on Beyonce themed cupcakes.
Among those at the event were stylist Ty Hunter, designer Alexander Wang songwriter J. Cole and rapper Drake, who appears on the track “Mine” from the new album.
Drake addressed the crowd during the celebration, saying: ”I just came out tonight to let you know congratulations to each and every one of you that worked on this s**t, for real. And of course to the queen, the utmost congratulations.”
Explaining why she chose to release her record – which comes with accompanying videos for all of its tracks – as a surprise, Beyonce said she was ”bored” with the traditional way people put out their music.
She said: ”I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I’m able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give that message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready from me to my fans.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here