*Beyonce may have orchestrated another first – this time for hosting an album “launch” party after the album has been launched.
The singer, whose new self-titled effort hit iTunes with zero warning, held an album release party at the arcade chain Dave & Buster’s in New York, following her concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn earlier in the night.
Guests played arcade games, enjoyed drinks from Beyonce cups, and were also able to snack on Beyonce themed cupcakes.
Among those at the event were stylist Ty Hunter, designer Alexander Wang songwriter J. Cole and rapper Drake, who appears on the track “Mine” from the new album.
Drake addressed the crowd during the celebration, saying: ”I just came out tonight to let you know congratulations to each and every one of you that worked on this s**t, for real. And of course to the queen, the utmost congratulations.”
Explaining why she chose to release her record – which comes with accompanying videos for all of its tracks – as a surprise, Beyonce said she was ”bored” with the traditional way people put out their music.
She said: ”I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I’m able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give that message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready from me to my fans.”
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here