*Beyonce’s new self-titled album has passed yet another landmark, with sales of over one million copies on iTunes since its ninja release less than a week ago.
The singer shocked the world last Friday when she dropped her fifth studio album on the digital site with no warning or promotion. It quickly became the site’s fastest-selling album in history within days.
And around 11:15 a.m. PST on Wednesday, “Beyonce” reportedly hit the one million mark.
While the album is only available to buy exclusively via iTunes, physical copies are expected to hit stores closer to Christmas.
Beyonce’s master plan not only took her fans by surprise, but even those who were involved closely with the project including OneRepublic singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder who worked on the track “XO” but wasn’t told of the plans to release the album as a surprise.
Speaking at the season finale of “The Voice,” he said: “I knew 90 minutes before it dropped. 90 minutes! And I said nothing because I love Beyonce and don’t want her to hate me.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here