*Beyonce’s new self-titled album has passed yet another landmark, with sales of over one million copies on iTunes since its ninja release less than a week ago.
The singer shocked the world last Friday when she dropped her fifth studio album on the digital site with no warning or promotion. It quickly became the site’s fastest-selling album in history within days.
And around 11:15 a.m. PST on Wednesday, “Beyonce” reportedly hit the one million mark.
While the album is only available to buy exclusively via iTunes, physical copies are expected to hit stores closer to Christmas.
Beyonce’s master plan not only took her fans by surprise, but even those who were involved closely with the project including OneRepublic singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder who worked on the track “XO” but wasn’t told of the plans to release the album as a surprise.
Speaking at the season finale of “The Voice,” he said: “I knew 90 minutes before it dropped. 90 minutes! And I said nothing because I love Beyonce and don’t want her to hate me.”
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here