*Beyonce’s new self-titled album has passed yet another landmark, with sales of over one million copies on iTunes since its ninja release less than a week ago.
The singer shocked the world last Friday when she dropped her fifth studio album on the digital site with no warning or promotion. It quickly became the site’s fastest-selling album in history within days.
And around 11:15 a.m. PST on Wednesday, “Beyonce” reportedly hit the one million mark.
While the album is only available to buy exclusively via iTunes, physical copies are expected to hit stores closer to Christmas.
Beyonce’s master plan not only took her fans by surprise, but even those who were involved closely with the project including OneRepublic singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder who worked on the track “XO” but wasn’t told of the plans to release the album as a surprise.
Speaking at the season finale of “The Voice,” he said: “I knew 90 minutes before it dropped. 90 minutes! And I said nothing because I love Beyonce and don’t want her to hate me.”
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here