*Beyonce’s new self-titled album has passed yet another landmark, with sales of over one million copies on iTunes since its ninja release less than a week ago.
The singer shocked the world last Friday when she dropped her fifth studio album on the digital site with no warning or promotion. It quickly became the site’s fastest-selling album in history within days.
And around 11:15 a.m. PST on Wednesday, “Beyonce” reportedly hit the one million mark.
While the album is only available to buy exclusively via iTunes, physical copies are expected to hit stores closer to Christmas.
Beyonce’s master plan not only took her fans by surprise, but even those who were involved closely with the project including OneRepublic singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder who worked on the track “XO” but wasn’t told of the plans to release the album as a surprise.
Speaking at the season finale of “The Voice,” he said: “I knew 90 minutes before it dropped. 90 minutes! And I said nothing because I love Beyonce and don’t want her to hate me.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here