*GSN has greenlit matchmaking series “It Takes A Church,” slating the competition program for a mid-2014 debut.
With Natalie Grant serving as host, each episode of “Church” features members of a Christian congregation as they compete to help an unattached fellow parishioner find their match. GSN ordered eight episodes of the show from Authentic Entertainment.
“‘It Takes A Church’ is truly a competition show with heart, in every sense of the word,” said Amy Introcaso-Davis, exec veep of programming at the cabler. “With the breakout success of our original series ‘The American Bible Challenge,’ we have learned that audiences are clamoring to see people with their faith creating positive change in the world.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here