*During a temporary split from his now-fiancée Gabrielle Union earlier this year, NBA star Dwyane Wade hooked up with another woman and fathered a son, reports Entertainment Tonight.
Union, 41, knew about the child before she accepted the Miami Heat guard’s proposal on Dec. 21, a source tells the show, and the pair worked through the issue privately.
Wade, 31, has reportedly known the baby’s mother for years and recently visited with his new son.
Wade spoke to Jay Leno on “The Tonight Show” in September about the break from Union, whom he had dated since 2009. The separation was largely due to the demands of their work lives, he explained.
“Celebrity relationships [are] very hard,” he says. “This was a big year for us and our relationship from the standpoint of she was shooting her show “Being Mary Jane,” going most of the year. I was dealing with my injuries, trying to win a championship, so we kinda took a step back.”
“We supported each other … but at the end of the day we came back together and [said], ‘Listen, we want to continue this, we want to continue to try to get better each day,’ and she’s been with me, and I’ve been with her all summer long. We’re going strong now.”
As previously reported, the couple shared a behind-the-scenes look at their holiday photo shoot, which features outtakes with Zion and Zaire, Wade’s two sons with ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches, as well as nephew Dahveon, whom he raises.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here