*During a temporary split from his now-fiancée Gabrielle Union earlier this year, NBA star Dwyane Wade hooked up with another woman and fathered a son, reports Entertainment Tonight.
Union, 41, knew about the child before she accepted the Miami Heat guard’s proposal on Dec. 21, a source tells the show, and the pair worked through the issue privately.
Wade, 31, has reportedly known the baby’s mother for years and recently visited with his new son.
Wade spoke to Jay Leno on “The Tonight Show” in September about the break from Union, whom he had dated since 2009. The separation was largely due to the demands of their work lives, he explained.
“Celebrity relationships [are] very hard,” he says. “This was a big year for us and our relationship from the standpoint of she was shooting her show “Being Mary Jane,” going most of the year. I was dealing with my injuries, trying to win a championship, so we kinda took a step back.”
“We supported each other … but at the end of the day we came back together and [said], ‘Listen, we want to continue this, we want to continue to try to get better each day,’ and she’s been with me, and I’ve been with her all summer long. We’re going strong now.”
As previously reported, the couple shared a behind-the-scenes look at their holiday photo shoot, which features outtakes with Zion and Zaire, Wade’s two sons with ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches, as well as nephew Dahveon, whom he raises.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here