*The moment we saw the promotional photo above of gospel artist Erica Campbell, we knew somebody somewhere was gonna have problem with it.
And as they say, Stevie Wonder coulda told you that!
In any event, it seems that Mrs. Campbell is even coming under attack by her fans as well. The pic is from a photo shoot of her upcoming album that’s set to be released in March 2014.
Erica of course is one-half of gospel duo Mary Mary and she announced last year that she she was launching a solo career. As we previously reported, she already has a hit single called “A little More Jesus” which has been nominate for a Best Gospel Song Grammy.
Recently a preacher – who like anybody with eyes – couldn’t help but notice Erica’s ample curvy assets and just had to speak out about her on Facebook:
“THIS IS NOT OKAY. Yes, you are a beautiful, curvy woman … but NO MA’AM YOU ARE SINGING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. Saints … smh COME ON.”
“Yes, you are a beautiful, curvy woman … but No ma’am you are singing the gospel of Jesus Christ,” wrote pastor Stacey Woods on the American Preachers site.
“We compel men to come through our love for Jesus, but when we wear things that are distracting, the message is somehow lost and it becomes about us and not about Him,” Woods also wrote.
On the other hand some on social media don’t have a problem with it. Lisa Holloway said:
”I think people especially Christians are too uptight. It’s nothing wrong with being a Christian and portraying sex appeal.”
You think that maybe if her hair extensions weren’t so long, no one would have noticed.
Anywhoo, women wearing clothes that that cause controversy with church folk is not a new subject. Before this dust up was the reaction to Megan Good’s dress at last summer’s BET Awards. Many felt it was inappropriate for the wife of a minister.
So what do you think? Is Erica’s photo inappropriate for a gospel artist?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' with KMEL & Did He Call Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here