*It’s going to be Florida State and Auburn – two schools who are ranked first and second, respectively, in the final Bowl Championship Series standings – playing each other for the national championship on Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif.
“We’ve gotten the matchup everybody wants to see,” said Bill Hancock, the BCS executive director. “We felt we’d get the two best teams, and we did.”
In the final year of the BCS being the Football Bowl Subdivision’s top postseason format, the Seminoles finished atop the standings for the first time since 1999. Florida State lost the first BCS championship during the 1998 season to an SEC opponent, Tennessee, before winning the title the next season against Virginia Tech.
Read/learn MORE at USA Today.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, after another incredible game against Duke, Florida State University QB and Heisman Trophy candidate Jameis Winston left ABC/ESPN reporter Heather Cox hanging.
She asked him how he’s been handling the investigation regarding his alleged sexual assault of a student, which – as we’ve reported – the case has been dropped.
Anyway, Winston answered three consecutive questions related to the investigation but, after the fourth, he turned and booked. See it below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here