*It’s going to be Florida State and Auburn – two schools who are ranked first and second, respectively, in the final Bowl Championship Series standings – playing each other for the national championship on Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif.
“We’ve gotten the matchup everybody wants to see,” said Bill Hancock, the BCS executive director. “We felt we’d get the two best teams, and we did.”
In the final year of the BCS being the Football Bowl Subdivision’s top postseason format, the Seminoles finished atop the standings for the first time since 1999. Florida State lost the first BCS championship during the 1998 season to an SEC opponent, Tennessee, before winning the title the next season against Virginia Tech.
Read/learn MORE at USA Today.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, after another incredible game against Duke, Florida State University QB and Heisman Trophy candidate Jameis Winston left ABC/ESPN reporter Heather Cox hanging.
She asked him how he’s been handling the investigation regarding his alleged sexual assault of a student, which – as we’ve reported – the case has been dropped.
Anyway, Winston answered three consecutive questions related to the investigation but, after the fourth, he turned and booked. See it below:
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here