*It’s going to be Florida State and Auburn – two schools who are ranked first and second, respectively, in the final Bowl Championship Series standings – playing each other for the national championship on Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif.
“We’ve gotten the matchup everybody wants to see,” said Bill Hancock, the BCS executive director. “We felt we’d get the two best teams, and we did.”
In the final year of the BCS being the Football Bowl Subdivision’s top postseason format, the Seminoles finished atop the standings for the first time since 1999. Florida State lost the first BCS championship during the 1998 season to an SEC opponent, Tennessee, before winning the title the next season against Virginia Tech.
Read/learn MORE at USA Today.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, after another incredible game against Duke, Florida State University QB and Heisman Trophy candidate Jameis Winston left ABC/ESPN reporter Heather Cox hanging.
She asked him how he’s been handling the investigation regarding his alleged sexual assault of a student, which – as we’ve reported – the case has been dropped.
Anyway, Winston answered three consecutive questions related to the investigation but, after the fourth, he turned and booked. See it below:
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here