*It’s going to be Florida State and Auburn – two schools who are ranked first and second, respectively, in the final Bowl Championship Series standings – playing each other for the national championship on Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif.
“We’ve gotten the matchup everybody wants to see,” said Bill Hancock, the BCS executive director. “We felt we’d get the two best teams, and we did.”
In the final year of the BCS being the Football Bowl Subdivision’s top postseason format, the Seminoles finished atop the standings for the first time since 1999. Florida State lost the first BCS championship during the 1998 season to an SEC opponent, Tennessee, before winning the title the next season against Virginia Tech.
Read/learn MORE at USA Today.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, after another incredible game against Duke, Florida State University QB and Heisman Trophy candidate Jameis Winston left ABC/ESPN reporter Heather Cox hanging.
She asked him how he’s been handling the investigation regarding his alleged sexual assault of a student, which – as we’ve reported – the case has been dropped.
Anyway, Winston answered three consecutive questions related to the investigation but, after the fourth, he turned and booked. See it below:
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here