*Chandra Wilson of ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy” is due to scrub in on daytime soap “General Hospital” for a guest appearance.”
According to Soaps In Depth, producers haven’t yet told her who she will play, but the actress is fulfilling a lifelong dream in visiting TV’s Port Charles.
“I’ve watched General Hospital for 35 years,” Wilson tells the magazine. “I grew up with it. It holds such a place in my heart. Even though we’ve shared the same lot for 10 years I can’t talk to anybody on the lot. … It’s weird to see them because they’re supposed to be in Port Charles! I have that kind of fan disconnect.”
As a big fan of the daytime soap, Wilson says she’s been talking about appearing on “General Hospital” for years. “[Star] Roger [Howarth] was visiting the “Grey’s” set, and we talked about it. Then, the following Friday, I got the call. I asked [“General Hospital” executive producer] Frank [Valentini] if this was because of Roger and he said, ‘No. This has been in the works before.’ So I don’t know! But I’m glad it’s happening!”
Could there be a chance she will play her “Grey’s” character, Miranda Bailey, since both shows are produced by and air on ABC?
We’ll all find out when Chandra’s episode airs on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here