*Chandra Wilson of ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy” is due to scrub in on daytime soap “General Hospital” for a guest appearance.”
According to Soaps In Depth, producers haven’t yet told her who she will play, but the actress is fulfilling a lifelong dream in visiting TV’s Port Charles.
“I’ve watched General Hospital for 35 years,” Wilson tells the magazine. “I grew up with it. It holds such a place in my heart. Even though we’ve shared the same lot for 10 years I can’t talk to anybody on the lot. … It’s weird to see them because they’re supposed to be in Port Charles! I have that kind of fan disconnect.”
As a big fan of the daytime soap, Wilson says she’s been talking about appearing on “General Hospital” for years. “[Star] Roger [Howarth] was visiting the “Grey’s” set, and we talked about it. Then, the following Friday, I got the call. I asked [“General Hospital” executive producer] Frank [Valentini] if this was because of Roger and he said, ‘No. This has been in the works before.’ So I don’t know! But I’m glad it’s happening!”
Could there be a chance she will play her “Grey’s” character, Miranda Bailey, since both shows are produced by and air on ABC?
We’ll all find out when Chandra’s episode airs on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here