According to NBC affiliate WSFA, Doe B, whose real name is Glenn Thomas, of Montgomery was killed in an early morning shooting on Saturday, Dec. 28.
Police responded to a call of multiple gunshots around 1:30 a.m.
The TV station reported that authorities found Doe B, 21-year-old Kimberle Johnson and six other victims. Johnson was pronounced dead at the scene, while Thomas was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
The shooting occurred at a venue called the Centennial Hill Bar and Grill, according to AL.com. It was formerly known as Rose Supper Club, but that establishment lost its liquor license and closed a year ago after a December 2012 shooting left six people injured. Centennial Hill opened earlier this year.
According to SOHH, a tweet from the late 22-year-old rapper’s Twitter page confirmed the shocking news.
“On behalf of doe b’s management i would like to thank all of his fans and say Rest in Peace my brother Glenn thomas aka @CBMDOEB,” a tweet from Doe’s page read December 28.
T.I. also spoke out on his Hustle Gang member’s death.
“RIP to my lil brother Doe B. We gon miss u my ni**a. U’ll never be forgotten & U WILL NOT DIE IN VAIN. We Love U champ. Always. Just rest now my nigga….WE GOT IT From here.,” Tip wrote December 28. (T.I.’s Instagram)
Young Money’s Drake spoke on Doe’s passing.
“RIP Doe B,” tweeted Drake, while MGK added, “Damn. RIP Doe B. this rap shits crazy right now. Condolences to his family. Clubs keep lettin guns in the club as if that’s not where we as artists work. We got families to go home to, f*ck is wrong with y’all.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here