A recent article in the New York Times cites popular shows like “HBO’s “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire” as those that attract the commander-in-chief, in addition to AMC’s “Breaking Bad” and “Homeland” on Showtime.
Despite “Breaking Bad” coming to an end this year, Obama has a ways to go before reaching the conclusion of the series as he catches up via a DVD box set. So much so that he has to frequently remind everyone around him to not reveal something that would give away anything.
Speaking with the Times, friends state that Obama has joined the chorus of Netflix users who await the new season of “House of Cards,” the hit show starring Kevin Spacey. The President has even gone so far as to jokingly mention Spacey’s character, Frank Underwood, last week during a meeting of technology executives.
“I wish things were that ruthlessly efficient,” Obama was overheard saying to Reed Hastings, the Netflix C.E.O., who invited the president to do a cameo on the show. Mr. Obama joked of the sleazy, congressman-murderer Mr. Underwood, “This guy’s getting a lot of stuff done.”
Other shows that made the president’s must watch list, according to the Times, include the BBC’s period drama “Downtown Abbey,” as well as AMC’s “Mad Men” and HBO’s revered “The Wire,” which Obama has “repeatedly called one of the ‘greatest shows of all time.’” “Mad Men” strikes a personal nerve with Sasha and Malia’s dad in that he’s told friends that “the character of Peggy Olson has given him insight into what it must have been like for his strong-willed grandmother in a world dominated by men.”
Although he confessed to People magazine that his TV habits run “a little darker” than the rest of the first family, Obama does harbor a love of lighter programming such as “SportsCenter” on ESPN, ABC’s “Modern Family” and the NBC sitcom “Parks and Recreation,” the last two which he admitted to TV Guide that he watches with his family
For more insight into President Obama’s TV watching, click over to the NY Times.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here