*Ice-T will again use the mic to speak his mind – this time through talk radio.
Next month, the rap veteran will launch a new podcast titled “Ice-T: Final Level” via iTunes and his website, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Ice-T will co-host the venture with his longtime friend and manager, Mick Benzo (known as Zulu Beatz on Sirius XM). Topics will focus on relevant issues, while the duo will take calls from listeners and feature celebrity guests.
The show will release new episodes twice a month, beginning Jan. 7.
“Podcasting is a great next step for me and my guy – it’s an uncensored medium, and it’s a direct connection with my fans,” said Ice-T in a statement. “Mick and I can explore any topic we’re interested in without restrictions, from video games to philosophy to rap and rock. And I also don’t have to leave my crib.”
The show’s debut episode has Ice-T (real name: Tracy Lauren Marrow) narrating personal experiences while revealing a distaste for those who can’t separate him from his cop character on “Law & Order: SVU.” He also declares his love for Brad Pitt, his passion for gymnastics and gives practical advice on living and loving.
Created with digital audio firm The Paragon Collective, “Ice-T: Final Level” will launch free for listeners with sponsors Squarespace and NatureBox.
Ice-T is also set to release a new album as part of the heavy metal band Body Count in 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here