*There’s no question that Kenya Moore is able to attract any man she sets her sights on.
What may surprise people is that the Real Housewives of Atlanta star carries a very personal scar that prevents her from maintaining a quality relationship with men.
RadarOnline.com references an entry on Moore’s Bravo blog, where she confessed to suffering “a great deal of pain” because of her mother, Patricia Moore. After she was born, Kenya was sent to live with her paternal grandmother. Pregnant with Kenya at 16-years-old, the reality TV show star revealed that her mother never named her.
As a result, the relationship between mother and daughter hardly existed.
“Since birth, my mother made the decision at age 16 to pretend she never had me. She has never spoken to me,” Kenya wrote. “Even if present in the same room with other people and family, she pretends that I simply don’t exist. She pretends I’m invisible.”
The distant relationship with her mother ultimately carried over into Kenya’s interaction with those she had romantic relationships, despite having no problems with establishing and maintaining a quality relationship.
“I fully understand that there has been a void in my life because of this, which relates to my romantic relationships,” the former Miss USA expressed. “I have never had any issues with falling in love, dating, sustaining long-term relationships, or attracting great men in my life, who have loved me unconditionally. Although I have had now seven proposals of marriage, I have never accepted one.”
With her never walking down the aisle, Kenya is doubtful about finding a true love to do so. So much so that she feels she will never find love. In her eyes, Kenya believes she “unconsciously seeks rejection” by dating “unavailable men.”
“I acknowledge I have a pattern of falling for men who are emotionally unavailable, physically unavailable in terms of distance, or categorically unavailable with respect to time or where they are in life,” revealed the reality TV starlet, who ended her
on-screen relationship with Walter Jackson during RHOA’s last season when he didn’t propose.
Kenya’s relationship issues recently came into play when she was caught sending alleged “flirty texts” to Phaedra Parks ‘ husband Apollo Nida. According to the former beauty queen, the incident plays into a pattern that centers around men who are unattainable.
“Perhaps my pattern is that I unconsciously seek rejection or failure with these men, which sadly mimics my mother’s relationship, Kenya stated while she keeping her head up for a bright future. “… With that said, I will continue to work on myself so that I can be the best woman, friend, companion, and mother to my future children”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Suspect Arrested in Shooting of Five #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Minneapolis
- Chicago Cop Charged With Murder in Laquan McDonald Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here