Oh wait, you caught us thinking out loud again.
But if you think Kandi Burruss is going to talk crazy to Mama Joyce just because her RHOA fans say so, forget it. While she wants you to know that she handles her business with her mom in her own way, that way does not include being disrespectful to the woman who brought her into this world.
“Everyone says stand up to your mama and blah, blah, blah, but believe it or not I do speak my mind to my mother. I just don’t say it in some crazy disrespectful way, because she is my mother,” Kandi wrote in her Bravo blog this week.
The former member of Xscape kept her reaction to this week’s episode of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” short and sweet. Fans of the show have been begging Kandi to handle Mama Joyce, who many believe is sabotaging her relationship with fiancé Todd Tucker.
As an adult, there are ways to set up boundaries in your relationship with your parents without getting crazy. And Kandi has no plans to get out of hand with her mama.
“To everyone who is screaming at me through the TV screen to ‘do something about my mom,’” Kandi wrote, “I’m not sure exactly what you expect me to do. I can only say how I feel, and if she doesn’t listen to me, then what?”
And don’t expect to see Kandi completely shut Mama Joyce out of her life (like her friend Carmon advised) either. Kandi asserts, “I don’t believe in cutting off your relationship with your mom. So for now I’m just hoping that over time things will work out for the best.”
Kandi may need to pray on it though. Joyce feels that Todd is an opportunist that is cheating on her rich daughter, but Kandi trusts that he is being faithful to her and that he has her best interests at heart. Despite her mama’s protests, Kandi still intends to marry Todd.
Do you think Mama Joyce took things too far this week when she threatened Todd during a family dinner and disrupted Kandi’s dress fitting with a brawl?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here