*Now that Kelly Rowland has announced her engagement, if you’re expecting a big ol’ fancy schmancy Hollywood wedding, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.
Rowland, 32, who got engaged to her boyfriend and manager, Tim Witherspoon, via Skype of all things, is saying that while she hasn’t set a date set, she already has in mind what kind of ceremony she’d like to have.
“I think we just really want it to be us and our pastor. That’s it,” she says. “I mean, we are the only two that’s going to be in the marriage.”
Well, even though she says it’ll just “be us and our pastor,” we can’t help but also think about the possibility of it going down in some nebulous wedding chapel in Las Vegas.
But the bottom line is she’s not gonna pull a NeNe Leaks or Michael Jordan and spend tens of thousands on big wedding and reception with a sit-down dinner for hundreds of friends or family, either.
Wait a minute! If all the foregoing is what’s she’s gonna do, that means neither Beyoncé, Michelle Williams (Her Destiny’s Child mates) or her fellow “X Factor” judges Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell should be scanning their mail for an invite, according to People.
“You have to pay for food for everyone and I’m not down with that,” she says with a laugh. “Everyone is there just to be nosy and see who I’m wearing, you know. I’m okay.”
Dang, all we can say to that is, “Whoa!”
What say ye?
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here