*Kerry Washington has been crowned 2013’s TV Star of the Year by editors at TV Guide Magazine.
The actress was rewarded for her critically-acclaimed lead role as political fixer Olivia Pope in the top-rated drama “Scandal,” which earned her an Emmy nomination earlier this year (13), and has just scored her nods for the 2014 Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
She says of the role, “The reward for me is that I get to play this woman. Everything else is gravy. What I do at home with my binder and my highlighter and pens, having that homework and that depth of character to explore and play – that, to me, is the best prize ever.”
In addition to “Scandal,” the actress was also praised by TV Guide for her appearance on “Saturday Night Live,” which earned her rave reviews from critics when it aired last month.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here