*Kerry Washington has been crowned 2013’s TV Star of the Year by editors at TV Guide Magazine.
The actress was rewarded for her critically-acclaimed lead role as political fixer Olivia Pope in the top-rated drama “Scandal,” which earned her an Emmy nomination earlier this year (13), and has just scored her nods for the 2014 Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
She says of the role, “The reward for me is that I get to play this woman. Everything else is gravy. What I do at home with my binder and my highlighter and pens, having that homework and that depth of character to explore and play – that, to me, is the best prize ever.”
In addition to “Scandal,” the actress was also praised by TV Guide for her appearance on “Saturday Night Live,” which earned her rave reviews from critics when it aired last month.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here