*Kerry Washington has been crowned 2013’s TV Star of the Year by editors at TV Guide Magazine.
The actress was rewarded for her critically-acclaimed lead role as political fixer Olivia Pope in the top-rated drama “Scandal,” which earned her an Emmy nomination earlier this year (13), and has just scored her nods for the 2014 Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
She says of the role, “The reward for me is that I get to play this woman. Everything else is gravy. What I do at home with my binder and my highlighter and pens, having that homework and that depth of character to explore and play – that, to me, is the best prize ever.”
In addition to “Scandal,” the actress was also praised by TV Guide for her appearance on “Saturday Night Live,” which earned her rave reviews from critics when it aired last month.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here