*Kerry Washington has been crowned 2013’s TV Star of the Year by editors at TV Guide Magazine.
The actress was rewarded for her critically-acclaimed lead role as political fixer Olivia Pope in the top-rated drama “Scandal,” which earned her an Emmy nomination earlier this year (13), and has just scored her nods for the 2014 Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
She says of the role, “The reward for me is that I get to play this woman. Everything else is gravy. What I do at home with my binder and my highlighter and pens, having that homework and that depth of character to explore and play – that, to me, is the best prize ever.”
In addition to “Scandal,” the actress was also praised by TV Guide for her appearance on “Saturday Night Live,” which earned her rave reviews from critics when it aired last month.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here