*Just in time for the birth of their first child, Kerry Washington‘s husband, Nnamdi Asomugha, has quit his job.
OK, more accurately, Asomugha announced his retirement from professional football on Friday, Dec. 27. His last team was the San Francisco 49ers
“After 11 seasons in the NFL, I will be retiring today,” Asomugha, 32, said. “I’ve been blessed and fortunate to have a successful NFL career,” he shared at the podium.
The now former NFL cornerback was cut by the 49ers in early November. He had signed a one-year deal with the team in April after being waived by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
“Another journey is starting for me right now,” the cornerback added during his press conference Friday.
The couple began dating in the summer of 2012 and secretly tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in Hailey, Idaho on June 24.
Since then, Washington, 36, has been quite secretive about her pregnancy, and has yet to confirm the news herself. She’s currently filming Season 3 of the ABC drama, and has only recently stepped out with Asomugha while celebrating her hosting gig at “Saturday Night Live” during an after-party in NYC on Nov. 2, according to US Weekly.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here