*Just in time for the birth of their first child, Kerry Washington‘s husband, Nnamdi Asomugha, has quit his job.
OK, more accurately, Asomugha announced his retirement from professional football on Friday, Dec. 27. His last team was the San Francisco 49ers
“After 11 seasons in the NFL, I will be retiring today,” Asomugha, 32, said. “I’ve been blessed and fortunate to have a successful NFL career,” he shared at the podium.
The now former NFL cornerback was cut by the 49ers in early November. He had signed a one-year deal with the team in April after being waived by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
“Another journey is starting for me right now,” the cornerback added during his press conference Friday.
The couple began dating in the summer of 2012 and secretly tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in Hailey, Idaho on June 24.
Since then, Washington, 36, has been quite secretive about her pregnancy, and has yet to confirm the news herself. She’s currently filming Season 3 of the ABC drama, and has only recently stepped out with Asomugha while celebrating her hosting gig at “Saturday Night Live” during an after-party in NYC on Nov. 2, according to US Weekly.
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here