*Just in time for the birth of their first child, Kerry Washington‘s husband, Nnamdi Asomugha, has quit his job.
OK, more accurately, Asomugha announced his retirement from professional football on Friday, Dec. 27. His last team was the San Francisco 49ers
“After 11 seasons in the NFL, I will be retiring today,” Asomugha, 32, said. “I’ve been blessed and fortunate to have a successful NFL career,” he shared at the podium.
The now former NFL cornerback was cut by the 49ers in early November. He had signed a one-year deal with the team in April after being waived by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
“Another journey is starting for me right now,” the cornerback added during his press conference Friday.
The couple began dating in the summer of 2012 and secretly tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in Hailey, Idaho on June 24.
Since then, Washington, 36, has been quite secretive about her pregnancy, and has yet to confirm the news herself. She’s currently filming Season 3 of the ABC drama, and has only recently stepped out with Asomugha while celebrating her hosting gig at “Saturday Night Live” during an after-party in NYC on Nov. 2, according to US Weekly.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here