*Just in time for the birth of their first child, Kerry Washington‘s husband, Nnamdi Asomugha, has quit his job.
OK, more accurately, Asomugha announced his retirement from professional football on Friday, Dec. 27. His last team was the San Francisco 49ers
“After 11 seasons in the NFL, I will be retiring today,” Asomugha, 32, said. “I’ve been blessed and fortunate to have a successful NFL career,” he shared at the podium.
The now former NFL cornerback was cut by the 49ers in early November. He had signed a one-year deal with the team in April after being waived by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
“Another journey is starting for me right now,” the cornerback added during his press conference Friday.
The couple began dating in the summer of 2012 and secretly tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in Hailey, Idaho on June 24.
Since then, Washington, 36, has been quite secretive about her pregnancy, and has yet to confirm the news herself. She’s currently filming Season 3 of the ABC drama, and has only recently stepped out with Asomugha while celebrating her hosting gig at “Saturday Night Live” during an after-party in NYC on Nov. 2, according to US Weekly.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here