*The lyric video for Lauryn Hill’s “Consumerism” hit the web with a barrage of visceral images that whoosh by with every dizzying word she spits.
Ben Franklin’s face on the $100 bill represents “corporate greed,” prescription pills float across the screen as stand-ins for “paranoia skepticism, schizophrenic mechanisms” and images of war-torn countries scream “self-destruct” during the hook.
This may be just a lyric video, but it’s a pretty elaborate one, directed by Hill and Jon Casey.
The world’s injustices are on display alongside Hill’s angry lyrics, leaving no doubt as to the rapper’s current state of mind, post-prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here