*The lyric video for Lauryn Hill’s “Consumerism” hit the web with a barrage of visceral images that whoosh by with every dizzying word she spits.
Ben Franklin’s face on the $100 bill represents “corporate greed,” prescription pills float across the screen as stand-ins for “paranoia skepticism, schizophrenic mechanisms” and images of war-torn countries scream “self-destruct” during the hook.
This may be just a lyric video, but it’s a pretty elaborate one, directed by Hill and Jon Casey.
The world’s injustices are on display alongside Hill’s angry lyrics, leaving no doubt as to the rapper’s current state of mind, post-prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here