*It was a wonderful night of joy as family and friends came together at Maverick’s Flat to celebrate legendary L.A. photographer Bill Jones‘ 79th year on the planet recently.
On hand to salute him on this occasion was Malcolm Ali, Valerie Goodloe, Arnold Turner, and Ian Foxx, who are some of L.A. ‘s best black photographers.
This is a guy who is well known and loved by everyone in the entertainment business as he has worked for Jet Magazine for a number of years and is always seen on the red carpet at various award shows and film screenings.
A few years back he was involved in a very tragic and unfortunate incident as he was brutally attacked by his neighbor with a baseball bat that left him paralyzed on his right side and thus severely handicapping his ability to shoot photos.
But that didn’t put a stop to him because after a few years of rehabilitation he was back at it doing what he does best, shooting photos.
He has shot for Halle Berry, Bill Cosby, the late Michael Jackson, Chaka Khan, Denzel Washington and so many others in the entertainment business.
Former state senator Mike Davis was on hand also to present proclamations from L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti, and City Council President Herb Wesson.
It was indeed an honor and a privilege to be on hand to help him bring in his 79th year.
He has been taking photos for 50 years now, and we’d like wish well and hope he’s able to go another 50 years.
Southern California based Mohammed Mubarak, a portrait artist as well, can be contacted at [email protected] for your comments.
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here