*It wasn’t until Lorraine Toussaint told her friends she was headed to New York to film the Netflix series “Orange is the New Black” that she understood just how popular the show is.
“The moment I started telling people, it was like, ‘Oh! You’re doing “Orange?” Oh my God!’ There were like these normal friends of mine that suddenly turned into rabid, addicted best friends that immediately started prying me for [information]: Who’s doing what? What about Red? Crazy Eyes? What are you playing?”
Toussaint is playing perhaps the most morally-corrupt character of her resume – an inmate named Vee, described as a longtime street tough who ran her own drug ring, recruiting children to serve as runners.
In a career that spans three decades and includes dozens of film and television roles, Toussaint says it took a whole lot of spiritual preparation to be able to play such a vile human being. Listen below.
Season 2 of “Orange is the New Black” will premiere on Netflix in 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here