*It wasn’t until Lorraine Toussaint told her friends she was headed to New York to film the Netflix series “Orange is the New Black” that she understood just how popular the show is.
“The moment I started telling people, it was like, ‘Oh! You’re doing “Orange?” Oh my God!’ There were like these normal friends of mine that suddenly turned into rabid, addicted best friends that immediately started prying me for [information]: Who’s doing what? What about Red? Crazy Eyes? What are you playing?”
Toussaint is playing perhaps the most morally-corrupt character of her resume – an inmate named Vee, described as a longtime street tough who ran her own drug ring, recruiting children to serve as runners.
In a career that spans three decades and includes dozens of film and television roles, Toussaint says it took a whole lot of spiritual preparation to be able to play such a vile human being. Listen below.
Season 2 of “Orange is the New Black” will premiere on Netflix in 2014.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here