*It wasn’t until Lorraine Toussaint told her friends she was headed to New York to film the Netflix series “Orange is the New Black” that she understood just how popular the show is.
“The moment I started telling people, it was like, ‘Oh! You’re doing “Orange?” Oh my God!’ There were like these normal friends of mine that suddenly turned into rabid, addicted best friends that immediately started prying me for [information]: Who’s doing what? What about Red? Crazy Eyes? What are you playing?”
Toussaint is playing perhaps the most morally-corrupt character of her resume – an inmate named Vee, described as a longtime street tough who ran her own drug ring, recruiting children to serve as runners.
In a career that spans three decades and includes dozens of film and television roles, Toussaint says it took a whole lot of spiritual preparation to be able to play such a vile human being. Listen below.
Season 2 of “Orange is the New Black” will premiere on Netflix in 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here