*It wasn’t until Lorraine Toussaint told her friends she was headed to New York to film the Netflix series “Orange is the New Black” that she understood just how popular the show is.
“The moment I started telling people, it was like, ‘Oh! You’re doing “Orange?” Oh my God!’ There were like these normal friends of mine that suddenly turned into rabid, addicted best friends that immediately started prying me for [information]: Who’s doing what? What about Red? Crazy Eyes? What are you playing?”
Toussaint is playing perhaps the most morally-corrupt character of her resume – an inmate named Vee, described as a longtime street tough who ran her own drug ring, recruiting children to serve as runners.
In a career that spans three decades and includes dozens of film and television roles, Toussaint says it took a whole lot of spiritual preparation to be able to play such a vile human being. Listen below.
Season 2 of “Orange is the New Black” will premiere on Netflix in 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here