*It wasn’t until Lorraine Toussaint told her friends she was headed to New York to film the Netflix series “Orange is the New Black” that she understood just how popular the show is.
“The moment I started telling people, it was like, ‘Oh! You’re doing “Orange?” Oh my God!’ There were like these normal friends of mine that suddenly turned into rabid, addicted best friends that immediately started prying me for [information]: Who’s doing what? What about Red? Crazy Eyes? What are you playing?”
Toussaint is playing perhaps the most morally-corrupt character of her resume – an inmate named Vee, described as a longtime street tough who ran her own drug ring, recruiting children to serve as runners.
In a career that spans three decades and includes dozens of film and television roles, Toussaint says it took a whole lot of spiritual preparation to be able to play such a vile human being. Listen below.
Season 2 of “Orange is the New Black” will premiere on Netflix in 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here