*Rapper M.I.A. is making a fresh start in 2014 after parting ways with Jay Z’s Roc Nation management company.
The artist today tweeted: “I’m leaving Roc Nation. Thank (you) to everyone who supported the M.I.A Matangi LP. Happy new year. 2014.”
M.I.A. signed with the management side of Jay Z’s company in 2012, but Roc Nation executives clashed with filmmaker Steve Loveridge, the man behind an upcoming documentary about the controversial musician, after leaking early footage of the project online. He quit in July, but M.I.A. announced the director was back onboard the movie in August.
The British rapper leaves a management roster which includes Shakira, Rihanna and Kylie Minogue.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here