*Rapper M.I.A. is making a fresh start in 2014 after parting ways with Jay Z’s Roc Nation management company.
The artist today tweeted: “I’m leaving Roc Nation. Thank (you) to everyone who supported the M.I.A Matangi LP. Happy new year. 2014.”
M.I.A. signed with the management side of Jay Z’s company in 2012, but Roc Nation executives clashed with filmmaker Steve Loveridge, the man behind an upcoming documentary about the controversial musician, after leaking early footage of the project online. He quit in July, but M.I.A. announced the director was back onboard the movie in August.
The British rapper leaves a management roster which includes Shakira, Rihanna and Kylie Minogue.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here