*Rapper M.I.A. is making a fresh start in 2014 after parting ways with Jay Z’s Roc Nation management company.
The artist today tweeted: “I’m leaving Roc Nation. Thank (you) to everyone who supported the M.I.A Matangi LP. Happy new year. 2014.”
M.I.A. signed with the management side of Jay Z’s company in 2012, but Roc Nation executives clashed with filmmaker Steve Loveridge, the man behind an upcoming documentary about the controversial musician, after leaking early footage of the project online. He quit in July, but M.I.A. announced the director was back onboard the movie in August.
The British rapper leaves a management roster which includes Shakira, Rihanna and Kylie Minogue.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here