*Rapper M.I.A. is making a fresh start in 2014 after parting ways with Jay Z’s Roc Nation management company.
The artist today tweeted: “I’m leaving Roc Nation. Thank (you) to everyone who supported the M.I.A Matangi LP. Happy new year. 2014.”
M.I.A. signed with the management side of Jay Z’s company in 2012, but Roc Nation executives clashed with filmmaker Steve Loveridge, the man behind an upcoming documentary about the controversial musician, after leaking early footage of the project online. He quit in July, but M.I.A. announced the director was back onboard the movie in August.
The British rapper leaves a management roster which includes Shakira, Rihanna and Kylie Minogue.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here