*Rapper M.I.A. is making a fresh start in 2014 after parting ways with Jay Z’s Roc Nation management company.
The artist today tweeted: “I’m leaving Roc Nation. Thank (you) to everyone who supported the M.I.A Matangi LP. Happy new year. 2014.”
M.I.A. signed with the management side of Jay Z’s company in 2012, but Roc Nation executives clashed with filmmaker Steve Loveridge, the man behind an upcoming documentary about the controversial musician, after leaking early footage of the project online. He quit in July, but M.I.A. announced the director was back onboard the movie in August.
The British rapper leaves a management roster which includes Shakira, Rihanna and Kylie Minogue.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here