Media sources report that Mama Joyce is not speaking to her daughter, Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kandi Burrus’. The silent beef stemmed from an interview Burruss gave to Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen. Since the chat, Mama Joyce has been in silent mode regarding her daughter.
“My mother was upset with you guys last week…she’s not speaking to me right now because of you guys last week,” Burruss told Andy. “She’s not speaking to me because of that. She didn’t like the fact that you guys were saying that she needed me.”
In addition to speaking out about her last visit to “Watch What Happens Live,” Burruss took a moment to respond to gossip that Mama Joyce’s problem with Kandi’s fiancé Todd Tucker has less to do with him being an alleged opportunist and more to do with her mom’s concern for her own financial security.
Although Mama Joyce isn’t speaking to Burruss the entertainer did not hesitate to go to bat for her mother when a WWHL caller phoned in.
“I feel like as her daughter, it’s my job to make sure that she’s good. She made sure I was good growing up. I’m going to make sure that she’s good. I don’t care if she doesn’t like my relationship,” an emotional Burruss said with a cracking voice. “That’s my mom. I don’t care what y’all have to say. That’s my mom. I’mma make sure that my mama’s good. She don’t have to talk to me. She don’t have to say anything to me.” said Burruss who is bothered by viewers who suggest she needs to be more aggressive with her mom.
“Y’all can tweet. Y’all can do whatever…You can tweet to y’all get blue in the face. She can have whatever she want,” Burruss continued.
Since discouraging Burruss’ plans to marry Tucker, Mama Joyce has felt the wrath of social media with fans airing their feelings out about her. Realizing the effect the previous interview had, Andy mouthed a silent apology to Mama Joyce.
Although RHOA fans and Williams continue to weight in with unsolicited advice, Kandi emphasized that she deals with her mom respectfully, no matter what.
“I’m not agreeing with everything my mother says. Obviously, we disagree on a lot of things. It’s just the fact of I’m going to be respectful in the way that I tell her. No, she’s not respectful in the way she tell me how she feels,” said Kandi. “When I became the person who made more money, it did not make me her mama. She’s still my mama. I’m going to approach her in a certain way.”
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here