*Mary J. Blige says she has hasn’t had a drop to drink since giving up alcohol over a year ago, and won’t be tempted to indulge over the festive season.
”I stopped drinking about a year and four months ago and I’ve been to parties… it’s just a decision and something I’m not doing right now,’ she says. “I’m not saying I would never do it again but I am right now. ”
The 42-year-old Queen of Hip Hop Soul admits she doesn’t cook at Christmas but she is usually busy hosting the festivities for her friends and family.
”It’s not a ginormous Christmas,” she explained. “It’s mostly family and a few friends if they want to stop by. I have a chef and my mom helps. Everyone does the cooking. I’m up being a host and chatting with the family.”
Mary says Christmas has been one of her ”favorite” times of year since she was a child and she loves to spoil her family with expensive gifts.
She added: ”I like Christmas presents, I spend a lot on them. Or I just give people money to get their own stuff.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here