*Mary J. Blige says she has hasn’t had a drop to drink since giving up alcohol over a year ago, and won’t be tempted to indulge over the festive season.
”I stopped drinking about a year and four months ago and I’ve been to parties… it’s just a decision and something I’m not doing right now,’ she says. “I’m not saying I would never do it again but I am right now. ”
The 42-year-old Queen of Hip Hop Soul admits she doesn’t cook at Christmas but she is usually busy hosting the festivities for her friends and family.
”It’s not a ginormous Christmas,” she explained. “It’s mostly family and a few friends if they want to stop by. I have a chef and my mom helps. Everyone does the cooking. I’m up being a host and chatting with the family.”
Mary says Christmas has been one of her ”favorite” times of year since she was a child and she loves to spoil her family with expensive gifts.
She added: ”I like Christmas presents, I spend a lot on them. Or I just give people money to get their own stuff.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here