*Mary J. Blige says she has hasn’t had a drop to drink since giving up alcohol over a year ago, and won’t be tempted to indulge over the festive season.
”I stopped drinking about a year and four months ago and I’ve been to parties… it’s just a decision and something I’m not doing right now,’ she says. “I’m not saying I would never do it again but I am right now. ”
The 42-year-old Queen of Hip Hop Soul admits she doesn’t cook at Christmas but she is usually busy hosting the festivities for her friends and family.
”It’s not a ginormous Christmas,” she explained. “It’s mostly family and a few friends if they want to stop by. I have a chef and my mom helps. Everyone does the cooking. I’m up being a host and chatting with the family.”
Mary says Christmas has been one of her ”favorite” times of year since she was a child and she loves to spoil her family with expensive gifts.
She added: ”I like Christmas presents, I spend a lot on them. Or I just give people money to get their own stuff.”
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here