*Mary J. Blige says she has hasn’t had a drop to drink since giving up alcohol over a year ago, and won’t be tempted to indulge over the festive season.
”I stopped drinking about a year and four months ago and I’ve been to parties… it’s just a decision and something I’m not doing right now,’ she says. “I’m not saying I would never do it again but I am right now. ”
The 42-year-old Queen of Hip Hop Soul admits she doesn’t cook at Christmas but she is usually busy hosting the festivities for her friends and family.
”It’s not a ginormous Christmas,” she explained. “It’s mostly family and a few friends if they want to stop by. I have a chef and my mom helps. Everyone does the cooking. I’m up being a host and chatting with the family.”
Mary says Christmas has been one of her ”favorite” times of year since she was a child and she loves to spoil her family with expensive gifts.
She added: ”I like Christmas presents, I spend a lot on them. Or I just give people money to get their own stuff.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Tanya Hart Elected Co-chair of The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here