*Mary J. Blige says she has hasn’t had a drop to drink since giving up alcohol over a year ago, and won’t be tempted to indulge over the festive season.
”I stopped drinking about a year and four months ago and I’ve been to parties… it’s just a decision and something I’m not doing right now,’ she says. “I’m not saying I would never do it again but I am right now. ”
The 42-year-old Queen of Hip Hop Soul admits she doesn’t cook at Christmas but she is usually busy hosting the festivities for her friends and family.
”It’s not a ginormous Christmas,” she explained. “It’s mostly family and a few friends if they want to stop by. I have a chef and my mom helps. Everyone does the cooking. I’m up being a host and chatting with the family.”
Mary says Christmas has been one of her ”favorite” times of year since she was a child and she loves to spoil her family with expensive gifts.
She added: ”I like Christmas presents, I spend a lot on them. Or I just give people money to get their own stuff.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here