*It seems like yesterday when Erica Campbell raised eyebrows in the Christian community with a photo of herself on her Instagram page.
A week after the photo was posted and the reaction that followed, the Mary Mary signer is speaking out on the situation. In her view the picture was nothing more than a beautiful image of someone who is proud of the way she looks.
“I’m taking it in stride and I’m keeping it moving,” Campbell shared with Essence.com. “When we took the picture I felt beautiful, I felt confident, I felt sexy and I felt strong.”
“I thought I looked cute,” she added jokingly, “but it obviously offended some people, which was never my intention.”
Campbell’s photo features the vocalist wearing a figure-hugging white dress that shows off her curves. Among the people in Campbell’s corner is her husband, who she first sent the photo to, and her family, who never wavered in their support
“Our whole family loved it,” Erica’s r sister /Mary Mary groupmate Tina Campbell said. “You see grace, you see beauty, you see elegance and style. It’s wholesome.”
Criticism over the Erica Campbell’s picture may have been an unexpected vehicle for a new cause as she is thinking about the need for a bigger conversation about Christianity and sexuality.
“This is about confidence and realizing that God made you and that you are beautiful just the way you are,” she stated. “I think that young girls shouldn’t only get sexy images from people who are not proclaiming Jesus. But I am. And I’m cute too.”
At this point all we wanna know who designed and made that dress, cause no matter how you slice it, it fits perfectly.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here