*Now that Metta World Peace is playing in New York, Knicks fans were wondering if he’ll change back to his original name, Ron Artest.
During an interview a while back with “ClevverNews,” Mr. World Peace said he is planning a name change for this season, but not legally.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is,” World Peace told the interviewer.
He said that he wouldn’t go through the process of legally changing his name until he retires. “That’s too much work,” he said.
So it looks like this season we will still see “World Peace” on the back of his jersey but he may answer to another name.
He first changed his name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace back in September 2011 because he wanted to “inspire and bring youth together all around the world.”
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here