*Now that Metta World Peace is playing in New York, Knicks fans were wondering if he’ll change back to his original name, Ron Artest.
During an interview a while back with “ClevverNews,” Mr. World Peace said he is planning a name change for this season, but not legally.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is,” World Peace told the interviewer.
He said that he wouldn’t go through the process of legally changing his name until he retires. “That’s too much work,” he said.
So it looks like this season we will still see “World Peace” on the back of his jersey but he may answer to another name.
He first changed his name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace back in September 2011 because he wanted to “inspire and bring youth together all around the world.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here