*Now that Metta World Peace is playing in New York, Knicks fans were wondering if he’ll change back to his original name, Ron Artest.
During an interview a while back with “ClevverNews,” Mr. World Peace said he is planning a name change for this season, but not legally.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is,” World Peace told the interviewer.
He said that he wouldn’t go through the process of legally changing his name until he retires. “That’s too much work,” he said.
So it looks like this season we will still see “World Peace” on the back of his jersey but he may answer to another name.
He first changed his name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace back in September 2011 because he wanted to “inspire and bring youth together all around the world.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here