*Now that Metta World Peace is playing in New York, Knicks fans were wondering if he’ll change back to his original name, Ron Artest.
During an interview a while back with “ClevverNews,” Mr. World Peace said he is planning a name change for this season, but not legally.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is,” World Peace told the interviewer.
He said that he wouldn’t go through the process of legally changing his name until he retires. “That’s too much work,” he said.
So it looks like this season we will still see “World Peace” on the back of his jersey but he may answer to another name.
He first changed his name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace back in September 2011 because he wanted to “inspire and bring youth together all around the world.”
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here