*Now that Metta World Peace is playing in New York, Knicks fans were wondering if he’ll change back to his original name, Ron Artest.
During an interview a while back with “ClevverNews,” Mr. World Peace said he is planning a name change for this season, but not legally.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is,” World Peace told the interviewer.
He said that he wouldn’t go through the process of legally changing his name until he retires. “That’s too much work,” he said.
So it looks like this season we will still see “World Peace” on the back of his jersey but he may answer to another name.
He first changed his name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace back in September 2011 because he wanted to “inspire and bring youth together all around the world.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here