Citing sources, the Chicago Tribune on Thursday reported that to celebrate the first lady’s birthday on Jan. 17 the White House will be holding a party the following day called, “Snacks & Sips & Dancing & Dessert.”
Invite/save-the-date emails are already being sent with instructions for guests to “wear comfortable shoes, eat before you come and practice your dance moves,” the paper said.
To put the first lady’s 50th birthday celebration in perspective, in 2011 President Obama celebrated his 50th birthday with a barbecue in the Rose Garden with plenty of friends, lawmakers, donors and celebrities joining the festivities. Former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton rang in her 50th in 1997 with a birthday of nearly 500 attendees on the South Lawn of the White House.
Oh yeah, if you’re wondering, so far there’s no word yet on the guest list or entertainment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here