Citing sources, the Chicago Tribune on Thursday reported that to celebrate the first lady’s birthday on Jan. 17 the White House will be holding a party the following day called, “Snacks & Sips & Dancing & Dessert.”
Invite/save-the-date emails are already being sent with instructions for guests to “wear comfortable shoes, eat before you come and practice your dance moves,” the paper said.
To put the first lady’s 50th birthday celebration in perspective, in 2011 President Obama celebrated his 50th birthday with a barbecue in the Rose Garden with plenty of friends, lawmakers, donors and celebrities joining the festivities. Former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton rang in her 50th in 1997 with a birthday of nearly 500 attendees on the South Lawn of the White House.
Oh yeah, if you’re wondering, so far there’s no word yet on the guest list or entertainment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here