*Monica has logged a ton of miles on her journey to becoming one of R&B’s elite solo acts.
The veteran songtress has also gained plenty of wisdom along the way, which she uses to keep peace in her personal life.
Strength, courage, and wisdom make up the formula to Monica’s success and longevity in the business. These qualities also provide solace to the Grammy award winner, despite her ex-fiancé’s refusal to pay child support for his two young boys. Unlike many single moms, Monica has the means to give her children the world, and then some. But that doesn’t excuse the father of her children, Rocko, from not stepping up to plate, she says.
Nevertheless, the Atlanta native has managed to blend the family she started in her previous relationship, with her new husband, NBA veteran Shannon Brown. And news recently broke that the happy couple is expecting their first child this fall.
“People always ask me, ‘How do you make a blended family work?’ It is what you make it. The first order of business as parents is we gotta respect one another,” Monica told Jermaine Dupri on the latest episode of his reality webseries. “I don’t believe in the court system. I’m not steppin’ in no court house, I’m not callin’ them people.”
She continued, “Let me explain. This is my thing. I’m sure every situation may require something different, but for me, I feel like a real man will be man enough to assess the needs of his child, and make sure that it happens. I don’t need to call you and I don’t need to call them people for you,” Monica reasoned.
“Since I feel that way, I’ve never had any discrepancies with the father of my oldest children at all. Period. Point blank,” she said. “When it’s time for it to get done, he can access the needs, come in and see what they need and it gets done.”
Monica also dished on her relationship with Shannon.
“My husband being the ultimate man, I don’t even have to say anything. But vice versa, he doesn’t have to be in there fixing his own plate, vacuuming the floors and everything,” she stated. “I still enjoy being needed. I’m the boss at my job, so I don’t feel like I should be the boss at home. Shannon’s the boss and that’s just it.”
Monica finished, “You got some high society women that will argue me down. I’m not looking for an argument. I just know what works in my house. They say, ‘Good girls are no fun,’ but good girls are always where they run when trouble come.”
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here