*NeNe Leakes experienced quite a scare after being diagnosed with blood clots in her lungs last month.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star underwent surgery in mid-November and says she feels about “80 percent” healthy.
“I’m not 100 percent, but I’m trying to get there,” Leakes told E! News. “It’s been tough, but I’ve been pretty strong. I’m coming back.”
Until she’s fully healed, Leakes plans to keep her schedule light and her rest heavy. The recovery process includes a daily dose of blood thinner pills and regular doctor’s visits.
While taking some time away from the spotlight, Leakes will have ample opportunity to plan a strategy for acquiring her dream home in Atlanta.
“I’m sure it won’t come by Christmas,” she said. “It’s my only gift on my list. I’m going to have my dream home in Atlanta and then I will always have a condo in Los Angeles because I’m always there. I’m always working.”
Battling back from surgery hasn’t discouraged Leakes from making holiday plans. She intends to spend Christmas in Atlanta then fly out to Las Vegas for New Years to be with family and friends.
- 'The Martian': 'It's a Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here