*NeNe Leakes experienced quite a scare after being diagnosed with blood clots in her lungs last month.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star underwent surgery in mid-November and says she feels about “80 percent” healthy.
“I’m not 100 percent, but I’m trying to get there,” Leakes told E! News. “It’s been tough, but I’ve been pretty strong. I’m coming back.”
Until she’s fully healed, Leakes plans to keep her schedule light and her rest heavy. The recovery process includes a daily dose of blood thinner pills and regular doctor’s visits.
While taking some time away from the spotlight, Leakes will have ample opportunity to plan a strategy for acquiring her dream home in Atlanta.
“I’m sure it won’t come by Christmas,” she said. “It’s my only gift on my list. I’m going to have my dream home in Atlanta and then I will always have a condo in Los Angeles because I’m always there. I’m always working.”
Battling back from surgery hasn’t discouraged Leakes from making holiday plans. She intends to spend Christmas in Atlanta then fly out to Las Vegas for New Years to be with family and friends.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here