*NeNe Leakes experienced quite a scare after being diagnosed with blood clots in her lungs last month.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star underwent surgery in mid-November and says she feels about “80 percent” healthy.
“I’m not 100 percent, but I’m trying to get there,” Leakes told E! News. “It’s been tough, but I’ve been pretty strong. I’m coming back.”
Until she’s fully healed, Leakes plans to keep her schedule light and her rest heavy. The recovery process includes a daily dose of blood thinner pills and regular doctor’s visits.
While taking some time away from the spotlight, Leakes will have ample opportunity to plan a strategy for acquiring her dream home in Atlanta.
“I’m sure it won’t come by Christmas,” she said. “It’s my only gift on my list. I’m going to have my dream home in Atlanta and then I will always have a condo in Los Angeles because I’m always there. I’m always working.”
Battling back from surgery hasn’t discouraged Leakes from making holiday plans. She intends to spend Christmas in Atlanta then fly out to Las Vegas for New Years to be with family and friends.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here