*NeNe Leakes experienced quite a scare after being diagnosed with blood clots in her lungs last month.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star underwent surgery in mid-November and says she feels about “80 percent” healthy.
“I’m not 100 percent, but I’m trying to get there,” Leakes told E! News. “It’s been tough, but I’ve been pretty strong. I’m coming back.”
Until she’s fully healed, Leakes plans to keep her schedule light and her rest heavy. The recovery process includes a daily dose of blood thinner pills and regular doctor’s visits.
While taking some time away from the spotlight, Leakes will have ample opportunity to plan a strategy for acquiring her dream home in Atlanta.
“I’m sure it won’t come by Christmas,” she said. “It’s my only gift on my list. I’m going to have my dream home in Atlanta and then I will always have a condo in Los Angeles because I’m always there. I’m always working.”
Battling back from surgery hasn’t discouraged Leakes from making holiday plans. She intends to spend Christmas in Atlanta then fly out to Las Vegas for New Years to be with family and friends.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here