*Reality star NeNe Leakes will open up about her rough early childhood, Hollywood dreams, life after blowing up, and her divorce/remarriage to Gregg Leakes in a special to air on E!.
The “Glee” actress and star of Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta” sits down exclusively with E!’s Giuliana Rancic for “E! Entertainment Special: NeNe Leakes,” premiering Dec. 16 at 10 p.m.
Regarding her highs and lows with Gregg, NeNe reveals how they met when she was a stripper, to the causes of their split in September 2011. NeNe shares with Giuliana that her personality was shaped by being left to be raised by an aunt when she was just a toddler.
Also, Giuliana speaks with NeNe’s sons Bryson and Brentt to get the info on the NeNe only close family and friends know.
Quotes from the special:
“I remember going home and having something like $1,000 and thinking ‘I made $1,000 in one night. Baby we are doing this tomorrow night.’ Like it became an addiction.” – NeNe on her first night as an exotic dancer.
“‘Can you bring them to me in Georgia because I’m hearing that you’re dropping them off in different places and I don’t want that for them and I want to help you.’ And she took us to my aunt’s in Athens and she just never came back and got us.” – NeNe opening up about her childhood and how her mother left her in care of her Aunt and Uncle.
“He’d been calling and calling. I would never answer the call, so he knocked on our door and came – just bust right on in.” – NeNe on the moment when she realized she could no longer be in an abusive relationship.
“The hardest part about me doing this show and having my life put out there is my child. My oldest son was going into 12thgrade and he could no longer be like the typical teenager.” – NeNe discussing what was the hardest part of being in reality television.
“I’m very proud that there’s a ton of African American women who really look up to me and I’m very proud of that. I’m very proud to represent the strong black woman.” – NeNe on being a role model.
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here