*Reality star NeNe Leakes will open up about her rough early childhood, Hollywood dreams, life after blowing up, and her divorce/remarriage to Gregg Leakes in a special to air on E!.
The “Glee” actress and star of Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta” sits down exclusively with E!’s Giuliana Rancic for “E! Entertainment Special: NeNe Leakes,” premiering Dec. 16 at 10 p.m.
Regarding her highs and lows with Gregg, NeNe reveals how they met when she was a stripper, to the causes of their split in September 2011. NeNe shares with Giuliana that her personality was shaped by being left to be raised by an aunt when she was just a toddler.
Also, Giuliana speaks with NeNe’s sons Bryson and Brentt to get the info on the NeNe only close family and friends know.
Quotes from the special:
“I remember going home and having something like $1,000 and thinking ‘I made $1,000 in one night. Baby we are doing this tomorrow night.’ Like it became an addiction.” – NeNe on her first night as an exotic dancer.
“‘Can you bring them to me in Georgia because I’m hearing that you’re dropping them off in different places and I don’t want that for them and I want to help you.’ And she took us to my aunt’s in Athens and she just never came back and got us.” – NeNe opening up about her childhood and how her mother left her in care of her Aunt and Uncle.
“He’d been calling and calling. I would never answer the call, so he knocked on our door and came – just bust right on in.” – NeNe on the moment when she realized she could no longer be in an abusive relationship.
“The hardest part about me doing this show and having my life put out there is my child. My oldest son was going into 12thgrade and he could no longer be like the typical teenager.” – NeNe discussing what was the hardest part of being in reality television.
“I’m very proud that there’s a ton of African American women who really look up to me and I’m very proud of that. I’m very proud to represent the strong black woman.” – NeNe on being a role model.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here