It’s certainly a surprise because Lady O has won critical acclaim for her role as the scrappy but supportive wife Gloria in the “The Butler.” However, as we noted at the top, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn’t acknowledge her performance with a Golden Globe nom.
But no need to fear Oprah fans, Ms. Winfrey is still in the awards race. As we reported on Wednesday, she earned a nomination from the Screen Actors Guild, an honor that’s voted on by fellow actors.
“There’s nothing better than being embraced by your peers,” Winfrey told USA TODAY. “People who know what it takes to do that, who said, ‘We think that you deserve to be nominated.’ I mean, it doesn’t get better than that. That is it. That is IT! Capital ‘I.’ Capital ‘T.’ Exclamation point.”
Check out USA Today’s reaction to Oprah’s snub:
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here