It’s certainly a surprise because Lady O has won critical acclaim for her role as the scrappy but supportive wife Gloria in the “The Butler.” However, as we noted at the top, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn’t acknowledge her performance with a Golden Globe nom.
But no need to fear Oprah fans, Ms. Winfrey is still in the awards race. As we reported on Wednesday, she earned a nomination from the Screen Actors Guild, an honor that’s voted on by fellow actors.
“There’s nothing better than being embraced by your peers,” Winfrey told USA TODAY. “People who know what it takes to do that, who said, ‘We think that you deserve to be nominated.’ I mean, it doesn’t get better than that. That is it. That is IT! Capital ‘I.’ Capital ‘T.’ Exclamation point.”
Check out USA Today’s reaction to Oprah’s snub:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here