It’s certainly a surprise because Lady O has won critical acclaim for her role as the scrappy but supportive wife Gloria in the “The Butler.” However, as we noted at the top, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn’t acknowledge her performance with a Golden Globe nom.
But no need to fear Oprah fans, Ms. Winfrey is still in the awards race. As we reported on Wednesday, she earned a nomination from the Screen Actors Guild, an honor that’s voted on by fellow actors.
“There’s nothing better than being embraced by your peers,” Winfrey told USA TODAY. “People who know what it takes to do that, who said, ‘We think that you deserve to be nominated.’ I mean, it doesn’t get better than that. That is it. That is IT! Capital ‘I.’ Capital ‘T.’ Exclamation point.”
Check out USA Today’s reaction to Oprah’s snub:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here