It’s certainly a surprise because Lady O has won critical acclaim for her role as the scrappy but supportive wife Gloria in the “The Butler.” However, as we noted at the top, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn’t acknowledge her performance with a Golden Globe nom.
But no need to fear Oprah fans, Ms. Winfrey is still in the awards race. As we reported on Wednesday, she earned a nomination from the Screen Actors Guild, an honor that’s voted on by fellow actors.
“There’s nothing better than being embraced by your peers,” Winfrey told USA TODAY. “People who know what it takes to do that, who said, ‘We think that you deserve to be nominated.’ I mean, it doesn’t get better than that. That is it. That is IT! Capital ‘I.’ Capital ‘T.’ Exclamation point.”
Check out USA Today’s reaction to Oprah’s snub:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here