It’s certainly a surprise because Lady O has won critical acclaim for her role as the scrappy but supportive wife Gloria in the “The Butler.” However, as we noted at the top, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn’t acknowledge her performance with a Golden Globe nom.
But no need to fear Oprah fans, Ms. Winfrey is still in the awards race. As we reported on Wednesday, she earned a nomination from the Screen Actors Guild, an honor that’s voted on by fellow actors.
“There’s nothing better than being embraced by your peers,” Winfrey told USA TODAY. “People who know what it takes to do that, who said, ‘We think that you deserve to be nominated.’ I mean, it doesn’t get better than that. That is it. That is IT! Capital ‘I.’ Capital ‘T.’ Exclamation point.”
Check out USA Today’s reaction to Oprah’s snub:
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here