*As someone who’s had his fair share of controversy and drama, R. Kelly knows a thing or two about rising above circumstances for the big comeback.
The singer, who just released his latest album, “Black Panties,” took time out to talk about Chris Brown and his ability to rebound, rise up and keep it moving.
For Kelly, Brown’s ups and downs over the last few years invite comparisons to many famous leaders who have experienced their own set of setbacks. In Brown’s case, the R&B vet feels the “Fine China” singer is among the strong in dealing with everything that comes with being ‘Chris Brown.
“I only feel sorry for weak people,” Kelly recently told The Guardian. “And mostly what I’ve come to find is that the weak people are the ones that are the haters. The ones that’s talking about Chris Brown, or R. Kelly, or anybody that’s successful? I feel sorry for them, not Chris Brown, because he’s obviously one strong individual to be able to do what he’s done.”
“He got knocked down a little bit and he climbed up,” continued Kellz, who started naming a trio of game changers that took their lumps only to reemerge better than ever. “ You know, that sounds like Ali to me. That sounds like Martin Luther King to me. That sounds like a lot of the greats that have walked this earth. It even sounds a little bit like Jesus to me.”
Before anyone starts blasting Kelley, the singer is quick to point out that Brown is not in the same league as Jesus. Instead, Kelly sees a common trait found in both individuals.
“I’m not saying that Chris Brown is Jesus or R Kelly is Jesus. But Jesus is the No 1 inspirer of someone being knocked down and rising again,” he stated.
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here