*As someone who’s had his fair share of controversy and drama, R. Kelly knows a thing or two about rising above circumstances for the big comeback.
The singer, who just released his latest album, “Black Panties,” took time out to talk about Chris Brown and his ability to rebound, rise up and keep it moving.
For Kelly, Brown’s ups and downs over the last few years invite comparisons to many famous leaders who have experienced their own set of setbacks. In Brown’s case, the R&B vet feels the “Fine China” singer is among the strong in dealing with everything that comes with being ‘Chris Brown.
“I only feel sorry for weak people,” Kelly recently told The Guardian. “And mostly what I’ve come to find is that the weak people are the ones that are the haters. The ones that’s talking about Chris Brown, or R. Kelly, or anybody that’s successful? I feel sorry for them, not Chris Brown, because he’s obviously one strong individual to be able to do what he’s done.”
“He got knocked down a little bit and he climbed up,” continued Kellz, who started naming a trio of game changers that took their lumps only to reemerge better than ever. “ You know, that sounds like Ali to me. That sounds like Martin Luther King to me. That sounds like a lot of the greats that have walked this earth. It even sounds a little bit like Jesus to me.”
Before anyone starts blasting Kelley, the singer is quick to point out that Brown is not in the same league as Jesus. Instead, Kelly sees a common trait found in both individuals.
“I’m not saying that Chris Brown is Jesus or R Kelly is Jesus. But Jesus is the No 1 inspirer of someone being knocked down and rising again,” he stated.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here