*As someone who’s had his fair share of controversy and drama, R. Kelly knows a thing or two about rising above circumstances for the big comeback.
The singer, who just released his latest album, “Black Panties,” took time out to talk about Chris Brown and his ability to rebound, rise up and keep it moving.
For Kelly, Brown’s ups and downs over the last few years invite comparisons to many famous leaders who have experienced their own set of setbacks. In Brown’s case, the R&B vet feels the “Fine China” singer is among the strong in dealing with everything that comes with being ‘Chris Brown.
“I only feel sorry for weak people,” Kelly recently told The Guardian. “And mostly what I’ve come to find is that the weak people are the ones that are the haters. The ones that’s talking about Chris Brown, or R. Kelly, or anybody that’s successful? I feel sorry for them, not Chris Brown, because he’s obviously one strong individual to be able to do what he’s done.”
“He got knocked down a little bit and he climbed up,” continued Kellz, who started naming a trio of game changers that took their lumps only to reemerge better than ever. “ You know, that sounds like Ali to me. That sounds like Martin Luther King to me. That sounds like a lot of the greats that have walked this earth. It even sounds a little bit like Jesus to me.”
Before anyone starts blasting Kelley, the singer is quick to point out that Brown is not in the same league as Jesus. Instead, Kelly sees a common trait found in both individuals.
“I’m not saying that Chris Brown is Jesus or R Kelly is Jesus. But Jesus is the No 1 inspirer of someone being knocked down and rising again,” he stated.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here