*As someone who’s had his fair share of controversy and drama, R. Kelly knows a thing or two about rising above circumstances for the big comeback.
The singer, who just released his latest album, “Black Panties,” took time out to talk about Chris Brown and his ability to rebound, rise up and keep it moving.
For Kelly, Brown’s ups and downs over the last few years invite comparisons to many famous leaders who have experienced their own set of setbacks. In Brown’s case, the R&B vet feels the “Fine China” singer is among the strong in dealing with everything that comes with being ‘Chris Brown.
“I only feel sorry for weak people,” Kelly recently told The Guardian. “And mostly what I’ve come to find is that the weak people are the ones that are the haters. The ones that’s talking about Chris Brown, or R. Kelly, or anybody that’s successful? I feel sorry for them, not Chris Brown, because he’s obviously one strong individual to be able to do what he’s done.”
“He got knocked down a little bit and he climbed up,” continued Kellz, who started naming a trio of game changers that took their lumps only to reemerge better than ever. “ You know, that sounds like Ali to me. That sounds like Martin Luther King to me. That sounds like a lot of the greats that have walked this earth. It even sounds a little bit like Jesus to me.”
Before anyone starts blasting Kelley, the singer is quick to point out that Brown is not in the same league as Jesus. Instead, Kelly sees a common trait found in both individuals.
“I’m not saying that Chris Brown is Jesus or R Kelly is Jesus. But Jesus is the No 1 inspirer of someone being knocked down and rising again,” he stated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here