The protest stems from a recent Village Voice article that exposed graphic details of Kelly’s past sexual abuse allegations.
In addition to the music buying public, Powell is especially calling on Black men to boycott Kelly.
The following is an excerpt from the BK Nation petition from Change.org:
“We at BK NATION are calling on radio stations, video channels, music publications and websites, members of the entertainment industry, and men and women of all backgrounds to sign our petition COMPLETELY BOYCOTTING R. Kelly’s musical and artistic career until he is completely honest about who is, publicly apologizes for this behavior cited from many sources, gets extended counseling, and takes a very public stand and actions against sexual violence in any form.
“Kevin Powell, president and cofounder of BK Nation, is especially asking men, including Black men, to join us in taking a very public stand against any form of sexual violence and assault against women, girls, and children. We at BK Nation believe that silence is this matter is agreement and support. And we believe that if we give R. Kelly a pass then we are also saying anyone who commits sexual violence, famous or not, should get a pass as well.”
For more on BK Nation’s petition against R. Kelly, click over to Change.org.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here