*A memorial for the late Nelson Mandela was not enough to keep thieves from invading the home of another legendary South African leader.
The Associated Press reports that retired archbishop Desmond Tutu’s home was robbed while he was away attending Mandela’s memorial service. According to police, the robbers hit Tutu’s home in Cape Town Tuesday after nightfall. The robbery happened as Tutu spoke at the memorial service for Mandela in Johannesburg.
No arrests have been made so far regarding the incident, according to a police statement, which referenced the ongoing investigation for not providing further details.
The robbery marks the third time thieves have targeted Tutu in recent years.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here