*A memorial for the late Nelson Mandela was not enough to keep thieves from invading the home of another legendary South African leader.
The Associated Press reports that retired archbishop Desmond Tutu’s home was robbed while he was away attending Mandela’s memorial service. According to police, the robbers hit Tutu’s home in Cape Town Tuesday after nightfall. The robbery happened as Tutu spoke at the memorial service for Mandela in Johannesburg.
No arrests have been made so far regarding the incident, according to a police statement, which referenced the ongoing investigation for not providing further details.
The robbery marks the third time thieves have targeted Tutu in recent years.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here