*We talked to you a while back about “Iron” Mike Tyson‘s one man play entitled “Undisputed Truth.” And apparently it became such a hit to many audiences around the country that it is now in book form.
The former heavyweight champion stopped in Los Angeles the other day to sign his newly released book at Barnes and Noble over at the Grove on 3rd and Fairfax to a much anticipated throng of well wishers that lined up all around the block just to see him.
Folks, this is a guy who has literally reinvented himself, transforming from the image that we saw back in the day of this guy who in his own words wanted to “eat the hearts” out of Lennox Lewis’ kids, to being the most lovable, and funny character in the film “Hangover” (parts 1 and 2).
His one man play was sold out at every stop across the country, and now he has become a boxing promoter with the establishment of Iron Mike Promotions. He has signed several world class fighters and Olympic prospects.
What else can you say about Mike? He is one of the greatest fighters in boxing history. We certainly look forward to seeing more of Mike and wish him well.
In other boxing news, “Sugar” Shane Mosley got stopped in the sixth round at the BBT Arena down under in Sydney, Australia last week as he went against Anthony ” The Man” Mundine.
This one turned into a pretty tough fight for him although he did put make it competitive. It might be time for him to sit down, and hang the gloves up.
He says he’ll make a decision when he comes back to the U.S. I hear he got paid a nice piece of change for his efforts ( 1.3 million that included a non-refundable deposit of 300 grand for the first time the bout was post-phoned).
There’s an old saying “All money ain’t good money.”
As the year comes to an end, we’ve still got some good fights left to go down as Zab “Super” Judah is set to go against Pauli Maliggnagi on Dec. 7 at the Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, New York in a Showtime Championship Boxing telecast.
Josesito Lopez is going against Mike Arnaoutis out at the Fantasy Springs Casino and Resort on Dec. 13. This one is being put on by Golden Boy in association with Goossen Tutor, Star Boxing, and Thompson Boxing Promotions and will be telecast live on Fox Sports.
Then on Dec. 14 Arian “The Problem” Broner is set to go against Marcos Maidana down at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas. This one will be telecast live on Showtime Championship Boxing and is being put on by Golden Boy Promotions.
This has no doubt been one of the best years in boxing. Stay tuned for more in 2014.
“When the tide goes out, that’s when you’ll find out who’s been swimming naked” – Warren Buffet.
Southern California based Mohammed Mubarak’s Ringside Update column can also be seen in the Pace News, the Inland Valley News, and the High Desert Inland Valley News. Mohammed is a portrait artist as well. He can be contacted at [email protected] for your comments.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here