*Los Angeles — Entertainment Tonight correspondent Rocsi Diaz has one thing on her holiday wish list—she wants her viewers to try going vegetarian!
And as encouragement, she’s starring in a sexy new pro-vegetarian ad for PETA that shows her dressed in a Brussels sprout bikini—complete with a mistletoe embellishment—above the words “Let Vegetarianism Grow on You This Holiday Season.” The ad, which was shot by top celebrity photographer Jack Guy and is available here, goes on to point out how plant-based meals help human health, the planet, and animals.
In an exclusive interview, Diaz shares how she “physically felt cleaner and lighter” after she went vegetarian in college. And once she made the change, she never looked back, adding:
“Later on, literally I saw somebody eating a chicken wing, and it grossed me out. … My body was, like, ‘No more. I don’t want it anymore.'”
Each person who goes vegetarian drastically reduces his or her carbon footprint and saves more than 100 animals every year from immense suffering on factory farms, in slaughterhouses, and on the decks of fishing boats. And the benefits don’t stop there: According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, vegetarians are less prone to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and cancer than meat-eaters are.
Diaz is part of a growing list of celebrities—including Alicia Silverstone, Joaquin Phoenix, Tia Mowry, Mayim Bialik, Alyssa Milano, and Casey Affleck—who have worked with PETA to promote healthy, humane meat-free meals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here