*Los Angeles — Entertainment Tonight correspondent Rocsi Diaz has one thing on her holiday wish list—she wants her viewers to try going vegetarian!
And as encouragement, she’s starring in a sexy new pro-vegetarian ad for PETA that shows her dressed in a Brussels sprout bikini—complete with a mistletoe embellishment—above the words “Let Vegetarianism Grow on You This Holiday Season.” The ad, which was shot by top celebrity photographer Jack Guy and is available here, goes on to point out how plant-based meals help human health, the planet, and animals.
In an exclusive interview, Diaz shares how she “physically felt cleaner and lighter” after she went vegetarian in college. And once she made the change, she never looked back, adding:
“Later on, literally I saw somebody eating a chicken wing, and it grossed me out. … My body was, like, ‘No more. I don’t want it anymore.'”
Each person who goes vegetarian drastically reduces his or her carbon footprint and saves more than 100 animals every year from immense suffering on factory farms, in slaughterhouses, and on the decks of fishing boats. And the benefits don’t stop there: According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, vegetarians are less prone to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and cancer than meat-eaters are.
Diaz is part of a growing list of celebrities—including Alicia Silverstone, Joaquin Phoenix, Tia Mowry, Mayim Bialik, Alyssa Milano, and Casey Affleck—who have worked with PETA to promote healthy, humane meat-free meals.
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here