*Seattle Seahawks fans are livid over a new Beats by Dre commercial, and are calling on supporters of the team to boycott the pricey headphones and their namesake, Dr. Dre, in retaliation.
According to the blog Shutdown Corner, some Seahawks fans on Twitter are upset that a new ad for the brand, titled “Hear What you Want,” features Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback of their NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers. Furthermore, the ad also features actors as Seahawks fans unleashing various forms of hate on the QB, which Kaep shuts out with his Beats headphones.
Without ever mentioning or showing the words “Seattle Seahawks,” the ad has Kaepernick on the team bus headed to a stadium with the Seattle skyline in the background. Fans wearing Seahawks colors scream at him, throw things at the bus, and seem to be ready to assault him when he walks off. There’s a few middle fingers thrown his way in the extended version. [Scroll down to watch.]
Kaepernick puts on his headphones to completely drown out the unruly mob.
Well the real Seahawk mob took to Twitter and made their intentions known.
OK Dre will be hearing from me the next time I go to his suite for a Laker game! Offensive commercial about Seattle fans. — Josie Baik (@JosieBaik) December 8, 2013
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here