*Seattle Seahawks fans are livid over a new Beats by Dre commercial, and are calling on supporters of the team to boycott the pricey headphones and their namesake, Dr. Dre, in retaliation.
According to the blog Shutdown Corner, some Seahawks fans on Twitter are upset that a new ad for the brand, titled “Hear What you Want,” features Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback of their NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers. Furthermore, the ad also features actors as Seahawks fans unleashing various forms of hate on the QB, which Kaep shuts out with his Beats headphones.
Without ever mentioning or showing the words “Seattle Seahawks,” the ad has Kaepernick on the team bus headed to a stadium with the Seattle skyline in the background. Fans wearing Seahawks colors scream at him, throw things at the bus, and seem to be ready to assault him when he walks off. There’s a few middle fingers thrown his way in the extended version. [Scroll down to watch.]
Kaepernick puts on his headphones to completely drown out the unruly mob.
Well the real Seahawk mob took to Twitter and made their intentions known.
OK Dre will be hearing from me the next time I go to his suite for a Laker game! Offensive commercial about Seattle fans. — Josie Baik (@JosieBaik) December 8, 2013
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here