*Seattle Seahawks fans are livid over a new Beats by Dre commercial, and are calling on supporters of the team to boycott the pricey headphones and their namesake, Dr. Dre, in retaliation.
According to the blog Shutdown Corner, some Seahawks fans on Twitter are upset that a new ad for the brand, titled “Hear What you Want,” features Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback of their NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers. Furthermore, the ad also features actors as Seahawks fans unleashing various forms of hate on the QB, which Kaep shuts out with his Beats headphones.
Without ever mentioning or showing the words “Seattle Seahawks,” the ad has Kaepernick on the team bus headed to a stadium with the Seattle skyline in the background. Fans wearing Seahawks colors scream at him, throw things at the bus, and seem to be ready to assault him when he walks off. There’s a few middle fingers thrown his way in the extended version. [Scroll down to watch.]
Kaepernick puts on his headphones to completely drown out the unruly mob.
Well the real Seahawk mob took to Twitter and made their intentions known.
OK Dre will be hearing from me the next time I go to his suite for a Laker game! Offensive commercial about Seattle fans. — Josie Baik (@JosieBaik) December 8, 2013
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- John Legend Presents the Debut Trailer from 'Southside With You'
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Beyonce: Jay Z Cheated ... But This Timeline Reveals the Truth
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here