“We can’t walk around with sheets on and moomoos” – Yolanda Adams
*Yolanda Adams may be one of many beautiful members of the Gospel music community, but don’t expect her to overdo it in favor of being sexy.
The singer recently shared her thoughts on being sexy and the flack her friend Erica Campbell has received for wearing a form-fitting white dress on the cover of her latest effort, “A Little More Jesus.” In Adams’ eyes, sexy was the last thing on the Mary Mary vocalist’s mind.
“I know for a fact that Mary Mary—because I’ve known them for years—they don’t try to be sexual. Some of the things that they want to wear, they’re in style,” Adams told Think Positive Magazine.
A desire to be stylish is something Adams says she and her fellow entertainers want. However, when it comes to their respective shapes that is something they can’t change.
“I’m tall. I’m thin, but I have hips. A gown might graze me in a place where somebody may find it offensive, but it’s not sexual. That was not my intent,” Adams explained. “We can’t walk around with sheets on and moomoos. Then, they’ll talk about [that],” she said. “You have to take criticism with a grain of salt because you’re never going to please everybody.”
As for her individual style, Adams doesn’t have to look far. The singer simply has to look among her own clothing line, Yolanda’s Closet, to find a suitable outfit.
“I’m very respectful in everything I wear,” said the singer, who admits to being very conscious about what she wears. “I think about it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here