It’s probably accurate to assume the percentage of social media usage climbs after every episode of one of her programs; with viewers giving their input on the “shoulda…coulda and woulda” of what they just witnessed. Her women characters especially, are both loved and hated because they show the dynamics of strength and vulnerability. And while scripting rich content and intriguing story lines, she utilizes the full gamut of our multicultural landscape and puts a lot of people to work in the process.
These are a few of the reasons why Rhimes and business partner, Betsy Beers, will be honored by the Directors Guild of America. This is a huge honor, because the Guild has only done this type of recognition four times in its 66-year history. The ladies will receive the 2014 Diversity Award.
DGA president Paris Barclay spoke highly of the dynamic duo.
“In the decade that Shonda and Betsy have been creating and producing buzzworthy television, their record of diverse hiring has been consistently outstanding at a time when very few television series meet that standard,” she explained. “As a result, they have impacted the careers of dozens of women and minorities—they’ve made stars not only in front of, but behind the camera as well.”
Rhimes said she’s honored to be recognized with such an honor and that it’s important to always create shows that reflect the world we all live in.
Both Rhimes and Beers will be given the honor on January 25th at DGA’s 66th annual awards.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Breaking down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here