*As we reported earlier, Mary Vaughn, the former wife of funnyman and TV/radio host Steve Harvey, was arrested Thursday after a judge found her in contempt of court where she remains. But, she’s talking, though.
Vaughn’s partly in jail as result a long legal fight with Harvey that just hasn’t gone her way at all. Mary and Steve were married for 16 years, but as we’ve documented here at EURweb, it ended in a bitter divorce and custody battle in 2005. One could argue that the battle continues to this day. Jn any event, the divorce case is sealed and under a gag order.
As we said, Vaughn is serving 30 days in lockdown, but reached out to the media to tell her side of the story. Well, FOX 4, the Fox News affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth answered the call.
“I didn’t violate any court orders,” Vaughn told the station. “This is about ‘You’re not supposed to be talking to anybody about your divorce.’ That’s what they’re saying. I’m like, this is America.”
Vaughn says she showed up at court without an attorney because she can’t afford one, adding that Harvey was in court with a legal team and an entourage.
“I was not expecting a four hour long hearing without an attorney,” she said.
“Am I angry? Yes,” said Vaughn. “I missed six years of my son’s life and I can’t get those years back.”
Vaughn’s release date isn’t until Jan 17.
“I’m just a mother who wants to have access to my son without interference,” she said. “I’m tired of getting pulled down to McKinney (Texas) courthouse every time I say ‘Boo.’ I’m not going to be silenced.”
Harvey has custody of the couple’s teenage son.
FOX 4 contacted Steve Harvey’s attorney for a response, who released the following statement:
“Please be advised that the Law Offices of Bobbie Edmonds represents. Mr. Steve Harvey, in the legal matter which has arisen from another episode of YouTube releases, which contain false, misleading, derogatory, defamatory, disparaging and malicious information about Mr. Harvey, his wife, and children by his ex-wife, Mary Vaughn Woolridge. (current married name) and formerly known as Mary L. Harvey, individually, and through her agent, representative and co-conspirator, Essie Berry aka EssieRerunBerry aka Essie Rerun Berry! aka Essie Nickerson aka Essie Jackson aka Essie Alexander. We filed another Motion for Contempt and Enforcement against Mary Vaughn Woolridge for the recent social media smear campaign and slanderous 2008 child abuse allegations against Mr. Harvey, among other violations of the prior gag order and permanent injunctions issued in 2008, 2011 and early 2013.”
Read more of the lawyer’s response at Fox 4/Dallas-Ft. Worth.
Watch the Fox 4 report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here