*When Jackie Turner, a junior at William Jessup University near Sacramento was asked by a reporter to recall some of the pleasant memories of her childhood, she paused for a long time, then said, “I remember getting locked up and locked in rooms. And I remember getting beatings for stealing food.”
Jackie maintains straight As, has good friends and a really big heart. She works part-time as a tutor and eventually wants a career helping troubled kids. To some that might look like a person with few problems.
Not so for Jackie, especially this time of year.
Story continued at EURThisNThat.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here