*When Jackie Turner, a junior at William Jessup University near Sacramento was asked by a reporter to recall some of the pleasant memories of her childhood, she paused for a long time, then said, “I remember getting locked up and locked in rooms. And I remember getting beatings for stealing food.”
Jackie maintains straight As, has good friends and a really big heart. She works part-time as a tutor and eventually wants a career helping troubled kids. To some that might look like a person with few problems.
Not so for Jackie, especially this time of year.
Story continued at EURThisNThat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here