“Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have jointly decided to separate at this time,” reps for the couple informed PEOPLE. “Their primary focus and concern is for their son. We ask that you respect their privacy during this time.”
The now former interracial couple, who are both 42, met as costars in the original production of the Broadway musical “Rent.” In 2003 they married and their son, Walker, was born in 2009.
Interestingly, PEOPLE interviewed Menzel about their marriage earlier this year. She said like most marriages it had its ups and downs.
“We work at it,” she said. “I’m not going to glamorize it or glorify it – we go through tough times like everybody else, but we love each other very much. We try not to be away from each other for more than two weeks at a time, and we try to find new ways to communicate.”
As we reported earlier, Diggs, who’s currently starring in the hit film “Best Man Holiday,” took to Twitter to defend himself from false negative comments about black women
Here’s what he DID NOT say:
“Let’s just say it’s not a stereotype that black women are less submissive and harder to deal with. Being around all them black women made me really miss my wife”
The false quote actually came from a parody called CreamBPM. Here’s his response:
“Regarding the preposterous quote about black women: It is false. I have not and would never say such a thing. Ever. Period.”
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here