The two-time All-Star center was suspended indefinitely Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team.
On top of that, the Cavs are looking to aggressively trade him as well according to sources.
However, Bynum’s case is unique, writes ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. You see, Cleveland has until Jan. 7 to decide if it will guarantee his contract for the rest of the season. Bynum signed a two-year, $24 million deal with the Cavs last summer, but the contract which favors the Cavaliers included only $6 million in guaranteed money.
The decision to suspend the 7-foot Bynum was made Friday and he did not travel with the team to Boston for Saturday’s game against the Celtics.
“It’s a terrible situation internally with our team,” All-Star guard Kyrie Irving said before the Cavs faced the Celtics. “It’s something we have to get over.”
So what is it that’s the cause of Bynum’s suspension? Unfortunately. Cavs coach Mike Brown wouldn’t divulge any info, but expressed concern for his players.
“I’m worried about the guys in the locker room,” Brown said prior to Saturday afternoon’s game. “It’s simple as that. In our business, there are a lot of ups and a lot of downs throughout the season.
“So what you do as a head coach is keep moving forward. Any time you look back on anything or dwell on anything, is wasted energy from the guys in the locker room, which is obviously very important.”
Bynum has admitted on several occasions that he’s struggled mentally with learning to play with less mobility and in pain with his knees. Coach Brown also dismissed the notion that Bynum has soured on basketball.
“I’ve never heard that before,” Brown said. “That’s something that you’d have to catch up with him and ask.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here