*Tiger Woods‘ half brother, Earl Dennison Woods Jr., was arrested Thursday on a charge of “allegedly making a false bomb threat” at his job — a government building in Arizona.
One hundred people were evacuated from the Arizona Department of Economic Security in Phoenix before Woods admitted to supervisors that he called in the threat as a joke, authorities said.
Phoenix police responded at about 8:30 a.m. to the DES building at 1824 E. McKinley St. after a caller — later identified as Woods — said that he had a bomb and was going to blow up the building, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a Phoenix Police spokesman.
The building was evacuated and searched, but no device was found.
During the search, Woods admitted to management that he called in the threat and he had done so as a joke, Crump said, adding that Woods repeated his admissions to authorities during an interview.
Woods was booked into a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of use of an electronic communication device to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass, which is a misdemeanor.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here