*Tiger Woods‘ half brother, Earl Dennison Woods Jr., was arrested Thursday on a charge of “allegedly making a false bomb threat” at his job — a government building in Arizona.
One hundred people were evacuated from the Arizona Department of Economic Security in Phoenix before Woods admitted to supervisors that he called in the threat as a joke, authorities said.
Phoenix police responded at about 8:30 a.m. to the DES building at 1824 E. McKinley St. after a caller — later identified as Woods — said that he had a bomb and was going to blow up the building, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a Phoenix Police spokesman.
The building was evacuated and searched, but no device was found.
During the search, Woods admitted to management that he called in the threat and he had done so as a joke, Crump said, adding that Woods repeated his admissions to authorities during an interview.
Woods was booked into a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of use of an electronic communication device to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass, which is a misdemeanor.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Would You Support a Vet Who Shot a Cat in the Head With an Arrow? (Video)
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here