*Tiger Woods‘ half brother, Earl Dennison Woods Jr., was arrested Thursday on a charge of “allegedly making a false bomb threat” at his job — a government building in Arizona.
One hundred people were evacuated from the Arizona Department of Economic Security in Phoenix before Woods admitted to supervisors that he called in the threat as a joke, authorities said.
Phoenix police responded at about 8:30 a.m. to the DES building at 1824 E. McKinley St. after a caller — later identified as Woods — said that he had a bomb and was going to blow up the building, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a Phoenix Police spokesman.
The building was evacuated and searched, but no device was found.
During the search, Woods admitted to management that he called in the threat and he had done so as a joke, Crump said, adding that Woods repeated his admissions to authorities during an interview.
Woods was booked into a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of use of an electronic communication device to terrify, intimidate, threaten or harass, which is a misdemeanor.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here