In addition to posting a video with Knight saying he likes the n-word better than “African-American,” TMZ posted a poll on Monday that asks readers to vote on how to “refer to black people,” by clicking either “n—a” or “African American.”
On Tuesday, Stephen A. Crockett Jr., a reporter for The Root, noted that poll results on Tuesday show 56 percent of some 66,000 votes reported were in favor of “n—a” over “African-American.”
“We’re done with TMZ and we hope that any self-respecting Black person who ever visited them for gossip or fun or folly or as a guilty pleasure will say the same,” the site stated. “There is no coming back, no apology needed, no sensitivity training, nothing.
When asked about Knight’s stance on the n-word on Wednesday, Chuck D of Public Enemy referenced the history behind the epithet as a guide to deciding to use it or not in conversation.
“Being called Black in America is the struggle to keep us moving and breathing over bloody water. Being a Nig**r or [Ni**a] without the context of history is like drowning in bloody water, dragging down those yet knowing to swim,” he said.
With the polls reflecting a support of the n-word among TMZ readers, where do you stand? Do you side with Suge Knight on preferring the n-word over “African-American” or do you stand with those who oppose its use in any form?
Sound off below in the comments section.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here