In addition to posting a video with Knight saying he likes the n-word better than “African-American,” TMZ posted a poll on Monday that asks readers to vote on how to “refer to black people,” by clicking either “n—a” or “African American.”
On Tuesday, Stephen A. Crockett Jr., a reporter for The Root, noted that poll results on Tuesday show 56 percent of some 66,000 votes reported were in favor of “n—a” over “African-American.”
“We’re done with TMZ and we hope that any self-respecting Black person who ever visited them for gossip or fun or folly or as a guilty pleasure will say the same,” the site stated. “There is no coming back, no apology needed, no sensitivity training, nothing.
When asked about Knight’s stance on the n-word on Wednesday, Chuck D of Public Enemy referenced the history behind the epithet as a guide to deciding to use it or not in conversation.
“Being called Black in America is the struggle to keep us moving and breathing over bloody water. Being a Nig**r or [Ni**a] without the context of history is like drowning in bloody water, dragging down those yet knowing to swim,” he said.
With the polls reflecting a support of the n-word among TMZ readers, where do you stand? Do you side with Suge Knight on preferring the n-word over “African-American” or do you stand with those who oppose its use in any form?
Sound off below in the comments section.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here