In addition to posting a video with Knight saying he likes the n-word better than “African-American,” TMZ posted a poll on Monday that asks readers to vote on how to “refer to black people,” by clicking either “n—a” or “African American.”
On Tuesday, Stephen A. Crockett Jr., a reporter for The Root, noted that poll results on Tuesday show 56 percent of some 66,000 votes reported were in favor of “n—a” over “African-American.”
“We’re done with TMZ and we hope that any self-respecting Black person who ever visited them for gossip or fun or folly or as a guilty pleasure will say the same,” the site stated. “There is no coming back, no apology needed, no sensitivity training, nothing.
When asked about Knight’s stance on the n-word on Wednesday, Chuck D of Public Enemy referenced the history behind the epithet as a guide to deciding to use it or not in conversation.
“Being called Black in America is the struggle to keep us moving and breathing over bloody water. Being a Nig**r or [Ni**a] without the context of history is like drowning in bloody water, dragging down those yet knowing to swim,” he said.
With the polls reflecting a support of the n-word among TMZ readers, where do you stand? Do you side with Suge Knight on preferring the n-word over “African-American” or do you stand with those who oppose its use in any form?
Sound off below in the comments section.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here