In addition to posting a video with Knight saying he likes the n-word better than “African-American,” TMZ posted a poll on Monday that asks readers to vote on how to “refer to black people,” by clicking either “n—a” or “African American.”
On Tuesday, Stephen A. Crockett Jr., a reporter for The Root, noted that poll results on Tuesday show 56 percent of some 66,000 votes reported were in favor of “n—a” over “African-American.”
“We’re done with TMZ and we hope that any self-respecting Black person who ever visited them for gossip or fun or folly or as a guilty pleasure will say the same,” the site stated. “There is no coming back, no apology needed, no sensitivity training, nothing.
When asked about Knight’s stance on the n-word on Wednesday, Chuck D of Public Enemy referenced the history behind the epithet as a guide to deciding to use it or not in conversation.
“Being called Black in America is the struggle to keep us moving and breathing over bloody water. Being a Nig**r or [Ni**a] without the context of history is like drowning in bloody water, dragging down those yet knowing to swim,” he said.
With the polls reflecting a support of the n-word among TMZ readers, where do you stand? Do you side with Suge Knight on preferring the n-word over “African-American” or do you stand with those who oppose its use in any form?
Sound off below in the comments section.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here