In addition to posting a video with Knight saying he likes the n-word better than “African-American,” TMZ posted a poll on Monday that asks readers to vote on how to “refer to black people,” by clicking either “n—a” or “African American.”
On Tuesday, Stephen A. Crockett Jr., a reporter for The Root, noted that poll results on Tuesday show 56 percent of some 66,000 votes reported were in favor of “n—a” over “African-American.”
“We’re done with TMZ and we hope that any self-respecting Black person who ever visited them for gossip or fun or folly or as a guilty pleasure will say the same,” the site stated. “There is no coming back, no apology needed, no sensitivity training, nothing.
When asked about Knight’s stance on the n-word on Wednesday, Chuck D of Public Enemy referenced the history behind the epithet as a guide to deciding to use it or not in conversation.
“Being called Black in America is the struggle to keep us moving and breathing over bloody water. Being a Nig**r or [Ni**a] without the context of history is like drowning in bloody water, dragging down those yet knowing to swim,” he said.
With the polls reflecting a support of the n-word among TMZ readers, where do you stand? Do you side with Suge Knight on preferring the n-word over “African-American” or do you stand with those who oppose its use in any form?
Sound off below in the comments section.
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here